chapter 1

*Kid POV*

Shortly after I got home , I logged in. There was about 20 new notifications in my messaging slot. I laughed to my myself. "I didn't know I could be this popular in one night "I thought. I sat in the chair next to my computer. I looked over to my bag which was full of papers; the teachers have been giving us so much homework lately due to the finals coming up. I glanced back at the screen then back to my bag. "Meh," I mumbled "I'll do it later." I pressed the x button on my controller and automatically  the game screen brighten. I put on my headphones trying to not mess up my symmetrical hair. 

"Welcome gamer : Reaper-Teenager" Presented the screen in front of me.

I smiled as he pressed enter. I already was at level 88 and was a wizard with advanced abilities but the bad point was that I needed at least one friend to enter the next battle area. My friends never liked these sort of games so I was alone on this. Which meant I had to ask online members. I always liked to be a solo player at best. But I sent out a player request anyway and just continued to play the lower battles to boost up my stats. I saw a little comment on my request board. I finished my battle with the lower demon and ended back in town to read the comment. 

It read_ SOULtakerkama_ I'll help you take out the boss level if you help me find the next city after. Deal? 

I looked at the players stats a little curious for myself. The player's were at level 70 and was a witch with a level 47 wand. I went back to the board and typed-"Thank you for helping me and do  you mind if we can meet on rout 8 to talk about the mission." I sent the message continuing buying supplies for my journey.

I heard my bedroom door and slammed my computer closed. I turned around to see Liz and Patty holding some papers. I heard a noise in my ear telling me that the player responded. I took off my headphones and asked,"What's up?" Patty looked at me with a big smile,"Kid look what I made!'\ She shoved her drawing in my face making me draw back. "Patty!" I said tying to fix my hair.I grabbed the paper and it had a tiger and a general. Liz looked over at my school bag. "Kid have you even finished the assignment yet?" she asked. I nodded smiling. Liz put her hand on her hip, "Well if you're done then can you help Patty with soul poise and direction?" I frond "Actually I have to do test corrections on the last exam. Sorry." Liz smiled "You have to take your test seriously Kid.Come on Patty let's go to the study hall." Patty left the drawing on my desk and followed her big sis. 

I grabbed my computer and opened it to see the user response. There was at 2 comments on my board.

SOULtakerkama_ sure, can we met at 5:30 real time tomorrow

SOULtakerkama_And may I ask why rout 8? Isn't it a bit further away then the gate for the boss level

I smiled at myself and typed. 

Reaper-Teenager_Don't worry it's just it's my favorite road to take down the path 

SOULtakerkama_see you later then

As the other player went offline I signed out and closed my laptop. I grabbed my bag and looked at my test, "Well I should get started before Liz gets angry." I continued doing my homework as I was confused the whole time. I sat done my pencil  "Finally done. wait." I looked over to the top of the page that read; name. "No." I Whispered feeling defeated.

As it turned 1:30 I finished the rest of the K. My door opened as Patty walked in with her pajamas and a stuffed bunny. "Kid what are you doing up so late?" she asked between yawns. I rubbed my eyes noticing that I was tried. "Did I keep you up, sorry about that." She nodded. I got up from my seat "Come on let's go to bed." I said as she turned around to face the door way, I put my hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry about me Patty, I'll go to sleep in a bit." She smiled, "Okay."