It seemed like they were walking for ages but after a few short minutes, they arrived at the smallish mall where people were doing their last minute Christmas shopping. Kai wrapped his hand around her wrist gently to avoid suspicion but she knew that if they were not in public that he would have had a firm grip on her that would surely leave bruises.

"I'm giving you a lot of trust now, Jazzy, do not make me regret it," Kai warned before taking a turn into the small shopping mall with some small shops and few major shops scattered around. She adjusted the blonde wig on her head, that was too itchy for her to wear for a long time but her pictures were plastered on walls and broadcasted on TV all over the country.

Jasmine stopped for a moment, glancing at the flimsy page, flapping in the air every time the automatic doors opened and let a cold gust of wind into the mall. Her yearbook photo was centred in the middle with the bold letters of 'Missing Teenaged Girl' clearly evident at the top. She winced slightly, not wanting Kai to see the distress on her face and march them straight back to the mouldy motel room.

"We'll get you some more toiletries and some clothes and then we can move on to somewhere different." He grumbled to himself more than her but she listened to his to-do list regardless, feeling a sliver of happiness of the thought of fresh clothes. 

"Where are we going next?" She dared to ask but did it regardless, he was in a good mood and she was going to take advantage of that.

"Perhaps South Carolina or maybe even Georgia again." Kai didn't really have a system or a plan to where he was going, he just thought of a place and drove there but for some reason, he wasn't venturing that far away from Virginia and that's what Jasmine couldn't understand. She was about to ask why but was dragged into a shop where they sold cheap clothes, he carelessly yanked random leggings and jeans off the racks and into a basket.

She rolled her eyes at the fact that he knew her sizes and she watched the mixture of dark colours fall into the basket. She adjusted the wig on her head again, freezing up when she heard two women whispering about her and her wig. Kai heard too, spinning around his heels to glare at the two middle aged women who hadn't recognised Jasmine but were just judging the wig on her head.

"Stop drawing attention to us." Kai scolded before heading over to where the plain white shirts were, throwing them into his basket with an occasional hoodie. 

"Me? You're the one who's packing the entire store into the tiniest basket ever." The brunette hissed at the heretic who just simply smirked as a response.

Kai turned on his heel once again, dragging Jasmine with him like a ragdoll and headed to the exit with a huge grin from knowing full well that the overweight security guard was running full speed towards them.

"Sir! Madam! Stop right there-" He placed his hands on his thighs and left forward slightly, out of breath from running half the length of the store after them. Kai cocked his head to the side with a mischievous glint in his eyes, Jasmine tugged on his sleeve with a pleading look in her eyes for him not to do anything catastrophically stupid.

Kai glanced down to the girl and then back up at the man, furrowing his eyebrows. He reluctantly sighed, angry with himself for agreeing to the girl's silent pleas. "You will forget this ever happened and let Jasmine and I go free with the clothes." Kai compelled the man, a small smile beginning to appear on Jasmine's lips as for once Kai actually listened to her.

She knew that he was going to kill him, without a doubt, he thrived from chaos and if he murdered the man in front of hundreds of people then it would certainly cause chaos. He knew deep down that if he killed the man that it would draw attention to him and the Salvatores would probably know that he's alive but that's not what made him change his mind, it was the brunette from Virginia.

They avoided the points and stares that people from the store gave them as they left the store with the free items of clothing. Kai glared at everyone who stared at them leaving before dragging the brunette into the nearest drugstore to get some toiletries, desperate to leave already.

"Kai, slow down. You're hurting me." Jasmine clutched at where he had an iron tight grip on her arm, Kai ignored her and carried on dragging her into the drugstore. A brown stray hair fell out from underneath her wig, a small gasp falling from her lips, gaining the heretic's attention. The boy glared at the dark brown strand of her hair that had fallen across her forehead.

"I knew I shouldn't have trusted you." Kai hissed, yanking on the girl's hand to hide behind the makeup aisle, where she used the mirror to take off her wig and place her hair in a tight bun again. She was almost done until a red alarm screeched through the shop, their faces glowing red from the light.

"Stop right there! Hands on your head and hand over the girl!" A loud man's voice echoed through the shop, both of their eyes's widened before Kai muttered a quick spell to cloak the two of them. She watched the two security guards skid, both almost falling over than to find the two were gone. 

"I knew you were just going to use this a plan to escape, I knew I shouldn' have trusted you." Kai bellowed at the girl, she cowered away from his furious glare.

"K-Kai, it was an accident! I promise," She screamed back, he ignored her by roughly grabbing her arm. "Kai, Kai! Please just listen to me and let me go." She attempted to free herself from his grasp, squirming under it but he was much stronger than she was, him being a heretic and her being merely a human.

"Kai!" She screeched, pulling away from his arm and pathetically attempted to throw him into the makeup shelf but he just stood there looked unaffected by all her measly attempts. "Jasmine, Jasmine!" He grabbed a hold of her face, his eyes furious as his blue eyes bored into her light brown ones.

She sunk her teeth into his hand, he screamed out in pain, clutching his hand as he glared at her furiously. She took her chance to push him into the shelves of makeup, them all toppling on top his body and she didn't even think twice before dashing out of the store.

wow drama, I might double update today as I'm going back to school tomorrow.
don't forget to vote and comment!