Chapter C: New World

Lill looks up tiredly from her book, putting on a forced smile as Katrina walks towards their usual picnic table. “Hey Ritz.”

“Willow, you look absolutely exhausted. Please tell me you're at least trying to get some sleep?”

The girl raises an eyebrow. “I tried, yeah. But think about it from my point of view.”

“I get it. Not only did he betray you, he tried to kidnap you and make you his wife or queen or sex slave or whatever.”

Willow sighs, “You don't get it… I would have been fine going with 'Ciph. I love him, as crazy as that sounds.”

Katrina growls possessively. “Lill, of course it sounds crazy. You're saying that you love the demon who tried to join Gravity Falls and Hell together or something!”

“Not so loud!” She sighs again, trying to ignore the teenagers staring at her. “Look, I know he was probably lying to me the entire time… but the fact of the matter is I can't sleep, I can't eat, and I miss him.”

Katrina shakes her head in frustration. “Well he's never coming back, so we have to find you new prospects.”

Lill glares darkly at her. “Don't. You. Fucking. Dare.”

“Too late! I set up a date for you with this guy Mike, one of my ex-boyfriends. He's cute, but he's way too into magic and folklore for my tastes.”

Willow buries her face in her arms. “Remind me why we became friends…”

Katrina beams brightly, her sparkling blue eyes standing out sharply against her pale complexion. “Because you looove my fashion skills!”

“Nope. That can't be it.”

“My taste in music?”

“Nope.” Lill raises her head to stare at her friend blankly. “Not into that girly boy band stuff. I prefer mysterious suspenseful melodies.”

Ritz taps her forehead thoughtfully, “My… sparkling personality?”

Willow sighs again. “That must be it.”

“But speaking of my fashion skills…”

Freezing, Willow almost whimpers. “Oh please no..”

Katrina grins, “Just for your date? Try a new look, please?”

“No purple, blue, or green.” Lill crosses her arms. “Nothing shorter than knee length without leggings, no showing the belly, no short sleeves, no cleavage.”

“How about shoulders and back?” Katrina tilts her head to the side curiously. “And can I put you in heels?”

Willow groans. “Yeah those are fine… But I get veto power on the heels if on the test run I trip.”

Katrina’s grin grows, “Awesome! You're going out with him on Thursday, so that gives us tonight and tomorrow to get you ready!”

Willow bangs her head down on the table again, her pinkish hair swirling across the surface in defeat.

Another girl in their class walks over. “Hey.. Willow?”

“Yes?” comes the muffled answer from the hidden teenager.

Wendy chuckles, “Katrina setting you up on a date?”

“Yes.” Willow mumbles tiredly. “Care to help me escape?”

The red head sits down next to her. “Nah. I've noticed you've been pretty quiet since Weirdmaggedon. How… are you holding up?”

Growling softly, Lill pushes herself back to a sitting position. “Look, just because you're part of the group that got rid of Bill, doesn't mean you have to check up on me. First Mabel, then Soos, now you? If Dipper shows up I'm going to scream.”

“Willow?”

“OH MY FUCKING HELL YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!” Willow screams at the ceiling of the cafeteria before turning to face the now trembling boy. “Hello Pine Tree.”

Dipper winces visibly. “Don't call me that.”

Wendy smiles at him, “It's good to see you guys back in town.”

“Yeah. Grunkle Ford is going to train me during the summer, that way Mabel and I can stay together.” The fourteen year-old boy shrugs. “Anyway, I just came to ask how you're doing since… you know.”

Willow groans and mutters something about genocide under her breath before smiling forcibly at him. “I'm fine. And please tell the rest of your little circle friends that I'm fine, and that they don't need to feel responsible for my being torn from my boyfriend for all eternity, okay?”

Dipper blinks in surprise as she turns back to Katrina who is staring at her in open mouthed shock as well as the rest of the people in the park. “Lill… you like, screamed really loudly.”

“It was precedented.” Willow buries her face in the table again.

The boy stares at Wendy who shrugs and gets up. “We better go, Dipper.”

“Y-yeah.. no kidding.” He takes off his pine tree cap, rubbing his forehead. “Uh, do you mind if I sit with your group? Mabel's with Candy and Greta…”

Lill sighs as they walk off. “Oh, and no lipstick either.”

Katrina blinks, confused for a moment. “Lipstick? Oh… oh yeah of course not.”