To my surprise, the rest of the ride was very quiet. Ryder parked the car in the driveway and we both got out of the car while we both walked towards my front door. I knocked on the door and slightly hugged myself while I waited patiently for the door to open. The door finally opened, revealing my mother who had a shocked look on her face.

"Megan, what you happened to you?" My mom asked while touching my hair.

"I don't want to talk about it right now." I said in a low voive as I walked past her and headed upstairs to my bedroom. 

When I entered my bedroom, I heard Ryder tell my mom that he would be back and I sighed in content. Before I could even take off my heels, my mother came into my room with a big handbag in her right hand. 

"Sweetie, I'm going out to run some errands. I'll be gone for about two hours." She said.

"Okay. Where's dad then?" I asked while taking off my heels.

"Oh, he's in a pack meeting. He'll be home shortly" She said, smiling tenderly at me.

"Okay." I said while sighing.

"Are you sure you'll be alright by yourself?" She asked while placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah. Ryder will be here anyways, so I'll be fine." I reassured her.

"Alright. Well, I'll be going now. Be safe." She said before leaving my room and walking downstairs.

I heard the front door open and close and soon I heard my mom's car starting. I walked over to my window and watched as my mom drove away from the house.The house was immediately filled with peace and quiet. It was so quiet, you could hear something as tiny as a pin drop on the floor. 

Sighing, I walked inside of my bathroom and began to strip out of my clothes that now reeked of wine. I turned on the shower and hopped in, the hot water hitting my body and relaxing my muscles. I grabbed some shampoo and washed my hair, making sure that it didn't smell like wine anymore. 

After scrubbing myself clean, I came out of the shower and wrapped a towel around myself tightly. I walked up to the door and cracked it open a bit, making sure that Ryder wasn't here yet. After scanning the room, I came out and went to my dresser. I quickly pulled out my undergarments and my baby blue tank top along with black short shorts. I quickly put them on and hopped in my bed while I waited patiently for Ryder to arrive. 

After what felt like hours, but really it wasn't, I found myself slowly drifting asleep. My eyes finally closed and I fell into a peaceful sleep. 

****

My eyes fluttered open and I was now staring at a lime green ceiling. I reached my hand to the side of me, expecting to feel Ryder there, but I felt no one there. I sat up quickly and frowned when I saw that Ryder wasn't there. Instead of Ryder being right next to me, there was a note on the bed. I picked it up and read it carefully.

Dear Megan,

                     I'm sorry that I couldn't be there when you woke up. I had some pack business to take care of. I'll be back shortly. Stay safe and don't forget that I love you.

                                                                                Love Ryder.

 A big smile took over my face when he said that he loved me. Ryder loves me! Just the thought of that makes me all warm and giddy on the inside. I placed the note back on the bed and got up out of my bed. I walked out of my room and down the stairs to hear laughing and talking coming from inside of the kitchen. Who could that possibly be?

I walked inside of the kitchen and saw my mother and Mason sitting at the island next to each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, I'm sorry for not updating for so long. I've been really busy with all my exams. Sorry it's so short and I hope you enjoy the chapter! But before I go, I have a little question.

#TeamRyder or #Team Mason?