Chapter 4

Friday 8:00 AM

Morning came quickly and thankfully, the fatigue of the passed few days had washed away. Sleep was no longer on my agenda. I got up, washed, dressed and put on the kettle for my usual steamy cup of coffee. I sighed and leaned against the counter. All I'd spent dreaming of last night was just Harry, Harry, Harry. Emerald green was haunting me every where and his face was permanently stamped within my mind. I was losing it and I barely even knew the boy.

The kettle began to whistle, breaking me from my trance. I finished off my coffee and ventured into my bedroom trying to find my work clothes to start off my shift. I changed and cleaned up my appearance up. Grabbing my bag and locking the door, I began my walk to the cafe.

I worked at my mum's cafe in the middle of town. It was full of art and steamy hot coffees and often little children in the party room making pots and other creations their minds could come up with. It was an art cafe of sorts. I took my place at one of the tills as my co-worker Annie took off taking other customers orders.

I was just finishing off one of the elderly woman's teas as I turned around and noticed a distinct male entering the shop. I gulped and turned away hoping he didn't notice me working on the till. I gave the woman her tea and took a run towards the back room, but not before my voice was called from the middle of the shop. Harry was giving me a cute wave and grin, dimples on full show. I wondered what exactly he was doing in here but kept the thought at the back of my mind and returned the gesture. "Hello," I smiled towards him. "What can I get for you?"

"A black coffee would be lovely please Char," He beamed looking over my head and onto the message boards. I nodded and turned to start preparing the drink. People had started to clear out of the shop and Annie had taken her spot back on the counter, so when I went to go and give Harry his drink, I decided to take a seat opposite him.

"Care to explain what you're doing in here on a tuesday morning then Styles?" I questioned, looking at him suspiciously.

"Well I don't start work until 1 today and considering I had a few hours to kill, I remembered you worked here and decided I needed a coffee,"

"Interesting. So how are you?"

"Good, a bit tired," he said yawning. "Hey I'm just wondering, what's in there?"

I followed his gaze and realised he was pointing towards the back room, also known as the art room. I giggled, got up and pulled him with me toward the room.

"It's the art room! Customers can come in here and make anything they want, there's also a list up there with prices and custom items," I told him, pointing to the big chalk board.

"In that case, can I have a small ball of clay?" I nodded and passed him newspaper, paints and some clay from the box. The rest of the equipment was laid out on the table.

"Have fun, " I waved, smiling and turning to head out the door.

"Aren't you going to stay and help me? I'm not sure I can handle a ball of clay all by myself," he winked cheekily.

I laughed and then gestured to the cafe, "In case you haven't realised Harry, I do have a job to do."

"Oh right," he blushed and I shook my head, a small smile evident on my face. I left the room and went back to work.

A few customers came in and out and Annie signed out of her shift, waving goodbye. After a good 15 minutes I went to check on Harry and clay, but it seemed he beat me to it and walked out the room with a grin and an orange pot in hand. It was a bit lopsided but still, better than I expected him to do. To be honest I thought he'd probably be sat there with clay stuck all over his hands and the table when I walked in.

"What do you think?" he smiled.

"Very, very good Harry. You've earned yourself a gold star," I teased giving him a wink as he rolled his eyes.

Just as Harry was getting out his money to pay for his clay and coffee, the bell rang to the door indicating someone had walked in. I didn't look up at first to see who had walked in, but when I did, I wished I hadn't.

"Hello Charlie."