10.

The look on Chloe's face was only something you could describe as 'sly.' Her intentions as of now were nothing but bad. Envy clung to Chloe like a magnet, weighing her down, changing her attitude and emotions. Nothing felt good about this to her, but she felt like it was the only way things were going to work out for her. It's how it always was.

As she strutted towards the kitchen, confidence boldly staining every light step she took across the floor. Her outer confidence was easy to see from any eye, but the thing was, she didn't honestly feel this confidence inside herself, it was a gigantic facade, Chloe's way of getting noticed. She felt emotionally weak; she felt like nothing could make her happy at times, she felt neglected. This was her way of telling people that she was important and that she deserved attention.

She felt her hand shake, scared of the outcome of the choice she was about to make.

'Stop shaking; you have to show confidence!' She thought to herself. She couldn't show anything, but confidence through her body language or people would see right through her lie.

She felt like glass ready to shatter, she felt like a mess. She could still feel the burning sensation through her hand that was caused by slapping Marinette. The tingling feeling from the slap across the cheek taunted Chloe; she felt awful. And she had to keep this feeling concealed, away from others.

Shake. Shiver. Shake.

That was the only thing her body could do as she approached the kitchen doors. She was lucky no one could see how nervous she was.

She felt terrible for what she was about to do, 'But, it will all be worth it soon, right?' She shook off the questioning part of her thoughts and proceeded, 'It will be worth it.'

"Cheng Shifu, Marinette is looking for you," Chloe spoke to Marinette's uncle, pointing behind her to the hallway.

Cheng Shifu gave Chloe a nod then began to walk into the hallway and look for Marinette.

Shake. Shiver. Shake.

Chloe could feel it again. The shaking, the shivering, the emptiness, each time she did these things the emptiness only seemed to grow, on its way to becoming endless.

She took shaky steps towards the pot that had been placed on the stove, ingredients nearby on the counter space beside.

She took the top off the pot and looked for ingredients in the nearby cabinets that she could throw in.

She pulled out many spices and powders and threw them in quickly, then picking up a spoon and stirring the liquid.

Once she was finished, she frantically put the lid back on the pot and walked back over to the door, walking out just as Cheng Shifu came back.

"Marinette wasn't there." Cheng Shifu said as Chloe approached.

"Not my problem," Chloe responded, rushing past him.

As Chloe walked away, she found her muscles tensing up, and she felt as if she was holding back tears, it wasn't new, but it felt much worse this time around.

How she ached to let her true feelings out to someone, just someone.

-

The 'Worlds Greatest Chef' filming was now being continued in the dining hall of 'Le Grand Paris.'

Alec, the show host, had begun his introduction to this particular phase of the show, judging.

Mr.Cheng's soup had been poured into bowls and set in front of each judge at the table.

Alec introduced each judge to the audience, and then they began the testing.

Each judge took a spoonful of the soup, leaving only Chloe to sit back in her chair and look at the other fellow judges taste the soup.