Chapter-2

I was shocked out of my reverie when a rich voice smooth as honey and caramel licked my senses and said , “ Will u be having “Anniversary of Love” by  Alisha Nayar.”

I savored the richness of the voice a few more seconds lest the smooth voice be shattered away by a cruel face, before turning. Slowly as a I turned my peripheral view caught the site of the owner of the voice and something in me immediately clicked. The man was wearing a white shirt, carefully ironed, fitting and neatly tailored trousers and to go with it nicely was a smart coat. His dressing was fine but his face was an entirely another story all together. With a slightly square face, with tousled hair, honey brown eyes which held a smile, a sharp nose and a generous mouth, smiling. I just stared at him mesmerized. Then I saw his lips moving as if he were asking something but I couldn’t hear what he said, entrapped by him. Then I realized he was asking about the book and being caught staring like that I was embarrassed. My cheeks growing red and my eyes downcast. In the heat of the moment I stammered,”yesss..ss..ju.just a moment.” I literally ran from their caught by the twinkle in his eyes which told me he was smiling at my expense. He had noticed me staring and even noticed my embarrassment. I fumbled with the book shelves to get “pride and prejudice “out but fingers had turned to jelly. 

“Take a deep breath and calm yourself down. Do behave this way with every customer or am I special?”

He must have had come behind me but I hadn’t heard in any nervousness. I did as he bid, took a few calming breaths, It indeed made my heartbeat come to normal from super frenzy and I took out the book and handed it to him. He smiled that devil smile with those generous lips moving wide. I imagined what it would be to kiss those lips, feel their generosity on my own. I couldn’t just imagine how it would feel but I knew that they would feel wonderful. I chided myself that I had been in the presence of this man for only a couple of minutes and I was already thinking of his lips.

Instead I replied with difficulty, “You are no special one Mr.…?”

He seemed to hesitate for a moment as if deciding whether or not to say his name and then smiled casually and said,” Nick….just call me Nick”. And you would be?

It seemed odd to me that such a well dressed person would not be having a last name but I had to answer his question, and that too fast before I melted in those soft baby brown eyes. I smiled nervously and said,” Alisha…”

He extended his hand and as soon as our hands met, an electric shock passed through me. It was as if lightening has just stricken, the sensation of awareness was too profound. I could see too must have felt the same friction because his eyes were almost as dazed as mine. I just stood there holding his hand and watching him.

                                                    -x-x-x-

I have seen such a beautiful girl in my life.  As soon as she turned and her soft silky brown hair drew apart to sweetly cover her face, my breath was taken away from me. Perfect. Her black eyes held a promise of happiness and warmth. Her fair skin accentuated her sharp features. The small pearl earrings dangling from her ears perfectly beautified her beauty. Some tendrils had loosened themselves from her pony and aligned themselves in the most beautiful manner.

I just stared at her and then my mind started playing games with me A striking image of her silky hair spreading on my chest and her skin touching me softly. I would have lost my mind but I thankfully my mind noticed something and it made my blood boil. I was not the only one caught in turmoil; she was staring at me mesmerized, as if in a spell. Her dark eyes dilated a little as if thinking something mysterious. Just knowing that she is attracted towards me made me boil.