Chapter Four

Scotland jerked to life at the sound of a crash, followed instantly by a string of loud curses. He stumbled off of the couch and rushed as fast as his groggy mind would allow to the kitchen. From the doorway he could see a pot slowly rolling away from the stove, as well as England clutching his right and to his chest.

Scotland sighed and slowly made his way to England's side. "What happened to your hand?"

England's eyes remained on the pot rolling across the floor. "It's nothing serious." He sniffed dismissively.

The redhead nodded and did the only logical thing to do when England says that the hand he's cradling to his chest is 'nothing serious', he snatched the blonds wrist and pulled his hand over. Naturally, England protested loudly, however Scotland expertly ignored all of it.

"I'm fairly certain that your hand is not supposed to be that red." Scotland remarked, eyes never leaving the burnt hand in front of him.

England attempted to pull his arm from the redheads grasp. "The color will fade away in a few minutes."

Scotland just hummed and pulled England over to the sink, running cold water over his hand. "It would seem that you'll need a replacement for your right hand," He paused to glance at the blond. "Until it heals, of course."

England looked pointedly away, a small frown that could almost pass for a pout rested on his lips. "I'll be fine, it doesn't even hurt."

Scotland quirked a brow and gently pressed his thumb into the palm of England's right hand, electing a yelp from the blond. "Doesn't hurt, huh?"

"You're an arse."

Scotland snorted. "Is that how you say thanks?"

England huffed and continued to stare at the wall. The redhead simply shook his head with a bemused smile as he turn the water off. Turning back to the mess England made, he could see that the pot was just holding water.

"Did you start cooking anything yet?"

England finally decided that the wall wasn't captivating. "No, the water had just started to boil."

Scotland took a moment to examine the ingredients left out on the counters. "Pot roast?"

"Pot roast."

The older male couldn't hold back his amused smile, gaining an annoyed huff from England. "Is there something wrong with that?" The blond shot a glare at Scotland.

"No, nothing's wrong with it." Scotland ruffled his hair affectionately. "It just seems to be the one thing you always make when I visit."

England flushed lightly and sniffed. "Well, you've always liked the roasts that I cook." He side glanced at the redhead. "Not that I do it for you of course!" England added quickly.

Scotland could only let out a small smile as he shook his head. "Of course not," His eyes fell back to the pot. "what was supposed to be in that?" He knelt down to pick it up.

England sighed before responding. "Green beans."

"Green beans?"

"Yes."

"... with a roast?"

"Obviously."

Scotland stared hard at the pot in his hands. He clearly was silent for far too long as England felt the need to nudge his leg with a knee. "Something wrong?"