capítulo número ocho; el secreto

Start from the beginning

"We are outgunned! Outmanned! Outnumbered, out planned! We gotta make an all outstand ayo I'm gonna need a right-hand man!" Till this day, I felt weird saying that I had a crush on George Washington – the Broadway musical's version, at least.

Usually listening to this glorious soundtrack would make me feel better, but I couldn't get my mind off things. I was pissed that people were still so close-minded when it came to different ethnicities. Racism needed to be eradicated because it was terrible!

I gritted my teeth, letting out a tiny snarl and then cried out in surprise when the glass pitcher slipped from my fingers. My earbuds ripped out of my ear, making my iPod fall next to me and I swore up a storm under my breath as I tried to pick up the glass pieces.

"Are you alright?" Luca quickly walked into the kitchen. "I heard-" He widened his eyes and wrapped his arms around my waist, quickly pulling me away from the shards of glass. "Jesus, Daniela, watch what you're doing! You could have cut yourself!"

"Sorry," I muttered, not having the energy to comment about how sexy it felt when he lifted me off the ground and sat me on the counter. Any other time, I would have glued myself to him, but I was too upset over breaking the pitcher and the stupid comments Piglet had made.

"I'll clean this up," he sighed, walking over to the pantry room and swept off the glass. I swung my feet back and forth, looking down at him quietly. Once he was done, he threw away the pieces of glass and turned to look at me. "At least they were big pieces."

I nodded, looking down at my hands. My index finger seemed to be pricked because a bit of blood was forming on the tip.

"I'll get the first aid kit," he said quietly.

I rolled my eyes, sticking my finger in my mouth and grimaced at the bitter taste of blood. It wasn't a big cut, there was no need for him to make a huge deal. I slowly pulled my finger out of my mouth, hoping that there would be no more blood and then grinned at him brightly, turning my finger in his direction. "See? All good!"

His eyes darkened as he glanced down at my mouth and cleared his throat, snapping his gaze away from my lips. "Yes," his voice was deep, sexy as hell. This man was going to be the death of me.

I smiled, deviously, unable to stop my mouth from blurting out the first thing that came to my mind. "Whatever you're picturing in your mind; my mouth is so much better than that." I winked at him, biting my lip.

Luca inhaled sharply, running his fingers through his hair and swore quietly under his breath. He didn't move or look up at me for a second and I didn't know if he was debating firing me on the spot or just leaving like he always did.

I was pleasantly surprised when he looked up and sighed, relaxing his tensed, muscular shoulders at his side. "Are you alright?"

"It was just a little prick," I tried my hardest not to make a dirty comment, but my mind was in the gutter 24/7. "I meant a little jab, not a dïck."

He raised an eyebrow, sighing and shook his head. "I know."

"Cool," I pursed my lips, feeling a bit awkward that he was making me feel so weird about my sexual comments. The atmosphere just felt weird, I didn't like being placed in awkward positions like these. Usually guys played along with my sexual innuendos and it would lead to some fun or just light flirting; with Luca I was probably going to get fired.

"I meant are you alright with what just happened?" I raised an eyebrow. He held my gaze. "With Adriana."

"No," I scoffed, "I want to rip her hair out of her skull and punch her fake tits."