{1}

"Hey, adopted sis." Amelie yells as she enters the house along with Knox. Amelie is quite older than me, but she does not like me calling her my aunt.

"Very funny, Ame." Mom rolls her eyes and throws a wrapped sandwich a her.

"Thanks, Phe." She kisses her cheek.

"Ry, are you even listening?" Knox gathers my attention. Knox is also older to me, so he gets to teach me whenever he gets time.

Basically, Mom pays him for it. And he gets to take her car for sometime. Cool, right? 

"Yeah, yeah." I lie. I was not listening.

"Ryder. You gotta listen or you won't pass." Knox says.

"But I don't like Chemistry." I say.

"Spoken like a true Harris." Mom laughs, "Come, on. Leave for school."

"Very funny, Phoenix." Knox says.

"How's Levi?" Amelie asks.

"I don't even know now." Mom says, "He works over-night. Sometimes I don't know when he is home."

"Ma--" I say but am interrupted by Ruby.

"RYDER WEEKES HARRIS." She yells.

"Ruby Madison." I roll my eyes.

"Hi, Aunt Phe." She hugs Mom.

"Stay safe, eat the food and Knox drive safely, pay attention to studies and try to stay away from girls." Mom says, rapidly.

"It's you car, I just might not." Knox laughs and moves out.

"Be good, Ry." Mom kisses my forehead and Ruby pulls me out into the car.

------

"Knox."

"Yeah, dude." He looks at me through the rear-view mirror.

"What's wrong with Mum and Dad." I say.

"N-nothing. They are cool, coolest couple I've ever known." He smiles.

"After my moms." Ruby jumps.

"Of course after Kate and Maeve." Knox smiles, "Be good and don't get me in trouble. Just speed dial me if you need anything me."

"Okay." I mumble and get out of the car.

"Hey, Knox." A swarm of people comes towards us, "Driving the kids, eh?"

"Yeah." Knox smiles, "Bye, Ry."

"Bye, Knox."

I walk into the school, alone. Like most of my life, I had Ruby with me but we love each other, platonically. But even, she leaves me for many classes. Hence, I stay alone.

Mom was adopted when she was fifteen, when she was sixteen Amelie was there. It is all stupid, 'cause I go to school with my Uncle who has to act as my brother. 

I don't like it.

----

"Mr. Harris, are you even listening?" Mr. Vamora says and I lift my head up.

"Y-yes, sir." I open my eyes.

"Don't make me give you detention." He says.

"S-sorry, sir." I say and ruffle my hair.

"Ryder, you've got to pay attention." Ruby whispers, she cares for me a little too much. Soon, the bell rang and we all run out, "It's music, come on, Ry."

"Coming, Rubes." I run behind her.

"Ryder." A voice calls out for me, I turn back.

"H-Harper." I say. My stomach flutters whenever she is near or around me. The only problem was that she was Brendon Urie's daughter.

~~~~~~

*inhales* I know she is not don't kill me for making another fictional character.

btw, how is it?

Also, please follow me (i am a desperate brown kid)