Part 9

Josh

"She is no where to be seen"I whisper continuing to turn my head around every corner.

"Mr. Matthews if you're looking for your sister-in-law she's in the garden"a nurse smiles.

"Garden?"

"There for people who want solitude it comes in handy. Helps people cope with the real problem." She finishes, she opens the door for me, before pushing a patient away.

I walked through the door, a cool breeze tickles the growing hairs on my chin. There were dozens of trees, with bright flowers on them. Birds flew from tree to tree, chirping loudly in the air.

"Beautiful isn't?" a soft voice laughs.

"Topanga?"I spun around.

"Sorry I just really needed to get away. Cory's my husband, best friend and world."

"I remember when Cory told me he loved me for the first time. We were so young, I was confused by those three words. As you know I broke up with him after, I didn't really know what love was back then."

"Long story short he snuck into my house and yelled at me telling me he didn't regret what he said. That was the night I told him I loved him back".

I held her tight as tears flowed down her cheeks.

"He's proud of you Josh"she whispers against my chest.

"We should go back and tell them your okay"I speak breaking the comfortable silence.
_________________________
"Mom dont disappear like that"Riley squealed running towards us.

"Excuse me this is the Matthews family right"a doctor asked.

We all nod anxiously.

"Cory Matthews is out of surgery, you guys sure have good luck we sewed his head and he's fine. Unfortunately he does have a broken leg and a broken rib. "You guys can go see him. Just at least one at a time"he spoke before walking away.

"Josh you should go first"Topanga assured.

"You're his wife"I incredulously say.

"Go"she pushed me in the direction of the door.

"My brother"I yell walking in.

He gives me a smile, a weak one.

I sit in the chair beside him and take his hand in mine. "Oh my brother." Cory responds, shaking his head.

"Cory I'm so sorry this happened to you."

"Josh listen to me. I will be fine, ill have some permanent bruises but everything will be okay. Atleast that's good for Topanga I'm a chick magnet at heart."

I let out a laugh, "I'll bring Topanga in now."

I walk out the room and signal Topanga to go in. Maya eyes connect to mine as I keep the door open for Topanga to pass through. Her smile widens as she encloses into me, without thinking I plant a kiss on her lips. I kiss her until her lips swell. I inhale her scent into my brain and just hug her. This felt great, this was the best feeling in the world. To just be with her. I love her.

"I love you." I pull her face back to look her in the eyes.

"I love you too, more than anything." She pulls me into another hug. This was definitely more than perfect.