T W O

Dan sprung from his bed, tears streaming down his face.
The crash. Again. Fuck.

It'd been a little more than a year and he was still haunted from that awful memory, it repeated like a record player.

over and over again.

He took a deep shaky breath, wiped his tears and got up. Dan started to get ready for school which he dreaded more than sleeping. After the accident, his nerves in his head were scrambled and it triggered a stutter. He tries his best to keep quiet but the cat is already out of the bag and he's constantly teased. Sometimes he wishes he was rather mute instead.
He never lets them get him too down though. No matter what he tries his best to be positive. No one understands why. They think He doesn't really have anything to be positive for but he does anyways.

Dan finished brushing his teeth and made his way to his dresser.

Hm

He picks a quick tee and puts it on. He looks in the mirror and smiles. Hm not too bad. He slips some blue jean pants on and grabs his bag.
He finishes getting ready and heads out the door with a smile plastered on his face.

As his distance between the school and him gets shorter, his hands start to squeeze open and shut. He's nervous. With each step, he already hears the teases and loudness of everyone's voices over lapping each other's. His breath starts to quickly fade. Suddenly the smell of the hospital fills his senses. He shuts his eyes tight.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Not now. Not here. Dear god please no.

"Hey."
He jumps, startled but is snapped back into reality. His hands unclutch and he sighs. "He-Hey! Y- you-you can't scare m-m-me like that." His friend Pj smiles. "You alright by the way?" Dan sighs. "I am no-n-now. You big d-doof." Pj smiles as he puts his arm around Dan and they continue walking to school.

They finally meet the big 2 story building after exchanging long conversations about random crap and things they're learning about in school.

"Hey I'm meeting up with some friends for a quick AP study for that field trip today. That alright?"
Dan nods and watches as pj walks off, and enters the building.
He sighs, goes to turn around and runs into something that knocks him falling. He runs into a girl and they both fall into each other. Well more him or her. Their meet eyes for a second until she starts to shriek "Get off! Get off! You perv!" He quickly makes his way to his feet trying to get her up too "no- tha-thats not wh-wha-what happened!" She gets up and raises her hand, striking him right across the face. "Yeah right! Just wait till my boyfriend hears about this, freak!" She scoffs, and runs off.
Dan holds his cheek and watches as people around, start to walk away. He quickly makes his way to the bathroom. This is bad- like fucked up really bad.
He sprints away from the scene, needing to just find somewhere private. He finds a bathroom, quickly locking himself in a stall. He wipes his face and sighs. His breathing gets shaky. He just knows that whoever, which he can already guess who, is not going to take the fake news well.

"RIIIING!"

He snaps out of it.

Class. Everyone knows too.

He sighs and tried to put a positive expression on his face as he walks out the bathroom

×
×

All classes that day went horrible. More than usual. Remarks were made every class. Occasional pushes and mocks but worse that usual.

God everyone knew.