ALEX

Alex Deven's ideal Friday afternoon did not include detention for two hours with his least favorite teacher, and there were bound to be people that he didn't like in that period of detention. Probably a teacher that would be running it that he didn't like, too.

Flashback to third hour, Alex had drawn a beautiful mural on the whiteboard in art class depicting the substitute teacher as a donkey. He thought it was funny and so did the rest of the class, but apparently the sub didn't think share their same views. Who knew that substitute teachers could even hand out detention slips? Not Alex because then he wouldn't have done it, but on second thought he still probably would have because that's just who he is.

The Filipino-Guatemalan boy strolled into the detention room without a care in the world and was surprised to see a very grumpy looking Reese Hale sitting there. He didn't think the school's golden boy had ever gotten a detention in his life, nor did Alex ever expect him to. Alex was too curious not to ask.

"What did you do?" Alex tilted his head at the linebacker with a raised eyebrow. Reese turned to Alex with a glum expression before his icy blue eyes focused on something behind Alex.

"Ask your friend." The blond boy nodded to Alex, still looking behind him. Alex turned to see Imogen Cadwell against the door frame with a smirk on her red tinted lips.

"Bonjour bitches," The blonde girl said delightedly before quickly slipping into French. "Qu'avez-vous idiots fait?"

"Vive le fuck you, Imogen. I don't speak croissant, you blonde little shit, but I know that you said idiot. I am not an idiot!" Alex scoffed indignantly while the head cheerleader only smiled gleefully. Alex then dropped his angry expression and smirked at the blonde girl.

"I asked what you idiots did," Imogen rolled her jade eyes as if it should have been obvious, even in another language.

"I drew a substitute teacher's portrait on the board which 'accidentally' ended up looking like a donkey, and conveniently had the word donkey under it." Alex remarked sarcastically, using air quotes around "accidentally."

"Oh, Alex, I adore you. I really do. That's practically comedic gold." Imogen grinned at one of her best friends, which Alex returned. Until he saw someone appear behind Imogen in the doorway. Kaya Blackwood.

Alex groaned out loud.

"What are you doing here?" He asked the brunette girl.

"Same as you, Deven. I got detention." Kaya smirked.

"We blew up a ton of shit in chemistry," Imogen laughed and threw an arm around the Chinese-Cherokee girl.

"And I was wrongly blamed for it." Reese huffed.

"So there you have it, everyone's stories." Kaya grinned at everyone in the room as a teacher came by and locked the door to the classroom. Olympic High School never actually put teacher in the room with the unlucky delinquents who got caught, due to a bad incident that happened two years ago that ended with poor Mrs. Fitz's pants catching fire. She quit the next day. Now they just locked the doors and the windows for an hour and then let them out.

"How did you blow something up in chem?" Alex asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Why did we blow something in chem." Imogen corrected.

"Long story short, I asked why that class sucked so much and why we could never do anything fun and Imogen said 'pass me the fucking bromine, we're about to blow this bitch.' and poor, helpless Reese was standing next to us and got blamed while Flynn stood by and laughed."

"So, what are we going to do for the next hour and a half?" Alex inquired, his eyes flicking between the other three.

"Well, I don't know what you two are going to do," Imogen said, pointing at Alex and Kaya before turning to look at Reese. "But I know what I'm doing."