KAYA

Kaya had been standing in the kitchen when she saw Alex Deven lurking in the shadows, scaring partygoers with a gory mask. The Chinese-Native American girl stormed towards Alex, ready to chew him out for being an asshole.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, Deven?" Kaya demanded when she neared the dark-haired boy. Alex smiled at her with the creepy mask on and Kaya had to resist the urge to slap him. There was something about him that really irritated her, and she guessed that the feeling was mutual.

"What are you talking about, Blackwood?" Alex asked, trying to act somewhat innocent.

"Cut the act." Kaya reached out to pull Alex's mask up. "People came here to wear costumes and get drunk, not be scared shitless by the likes of you."

"You don't really care that people are getting scared. You care that I'm the one doing it, because you don't like me." Alex said, seeing right through Kaya's lie.

"Whatever, Alex." Kaya scowled, turning on her heel to walk away and rant to Imogen, Adhara, or Mallory.

"Hold it," Alex said and grabbed Kaya's wrist. "If you beat me in beer pong, I'll stop scaring people."

"Psh, easy peasy lemon squeezy." Kaya smiled smugly.

"Then may the best player win," Alex smirked.

Alex and Kaya made their way towards the kitchen where many games of beer pong were being played. They found a free table that was already set up with red solo cups and a brand new packet of ping pong balls.

"Hope you're not a lightweight," Alex commented annoyingly. Kaya snorted.

"Please, I'm the exact opposite of a lightweight."

"Good luck, then."

The game ensued and Kaya did her best to read Alex's throwing strategy, but the Filipino-Latino boy managed to have a new one every couple throws. That didn't mean Kaya was losing, though. In fact, she was winning by two cups, but she wasn't sure how long that would stick.

"Tipsy yet, Deven?" Kaya taunted.

"Not one bit, Blackwood." Alex replied smoothly as he got another cup and downed it quickly.

Soon after, Kaya managed to get four cups in a row. Alex simply accused her of cheating.

"You are so not playing fair, Blackwood."Alex accused angrily. "You're such a cheater."

"You can't cheat in beer pong, stupid." Kaya scowled and tossed her next ball. "You're just bitter that you're losing."

"Am not," Alex scoffed, clearly aggravated.

"Are too," Kaya quipped, much to Alex's displeasure. Alex got another two cups while Kaya missed and then Alex got two more, giving him two cups on Kaya. The Chinese-Native American girl let out a frustrated breath and ran a hand through her hair.

Soon, the game came to the point where there was two cups left. There was a huge crowd gathered around the table, everyone concentrated on the intense game going on before their eyes. Teenagers started chanting Kaya's name as she got geared up to throw her last ball. Just as she was about to throw her ball, she felt a hand on the outside of her thigh. Out of shock, she dropped her ball, much to the disappointment of the teenagers around the room.

Kaya turned around to see Alex smirking like the little shit he was. Alex said nothing as he threw his last ball, letting it bounce on the table. Right before the ping pong ball entered the red solo cup, Imogen came out of the crowd and swatted the ping pong ball out of the way, causing Alex to lose, just as Kaya had a second ago.

"Imogen! I was just about to win, you little twerp!" Alex said with a scowl etched onto his face.

"Suck it, Deven." Imogen smirked and winked at Kaya.

"Imogen, I seriously love you." Kaya grinned and high-fived the blonde girl.

"Right back at ya, fairy." Imogen smiled widely as Kaya turned on Alex.

"Also, who do you think you are? You call me a cheater when you literally put your hand on my thigh to make me lose!" Kaya yelled at the dark-haired boy, who only stood up a little straighter to be intimidating.

"You cheated!" Alex yelled back, still trying to play the cheating card, even though Kaya never cheated.

"For the last time, asshole, I did not cheat!" Kaya shouted, throwing her hands up in the air to emphasise her point. "You're just upset that I was better than you!"

"At least my hockey team is better!" Alex said, turning to a new point to argue.

"Oh, so we're bringing sports into this now?" Kaya challenged. "Well, I recall that my team made it to state while yours never made it past districts!"

"I run my team better than you do!"

"You act like a dictator. At least Mallory and I treat everyone like an equal! When was the last time you actually made a decision with Charlie that you both agreed on without having to compromise?" Kaya raised an eyebrow at Alex.

"As a matter of fact, it was yesterday!" Alex yelled while Kaya scoffed.

"So, if I go ask him he'll tell me the same thing?"

"You really need proof? Can't just take my word for it?" Alex challenged with a glint in his eyes.

"Frankly, I'm not sure how true your word actually is. Forgive me for being doubtful!" Kaya said sarcastically.

"You are the most obnoxious person I have ever met in my entire life!" Alex rolled his eyes.

"You're an asshole and terrible!" Kaya took a dig at the hockey captain.

"I know I'm an asshole!"

"Well, I know that I'm obnoxious. Because literally everyone is obnoxious at one point or another. That goes for you, too!" Kaya yelled.

"You know what," Alex said, taking a step closer. "You're a royal pain in my ass."

"Right back at you," Kaya said, shoving Alex back by the chest. Although, he hardly moved. It was like shoving a brick wall. Alex glared at Kaya and was about to say something before Imogen cut in.

"That's it!" The blond girl yelled. "I just have to keep you two away from now on!"

"You could say that again," Kaya muttered.

"Alex, go find a pillow to punch or something. Kaya, go find Adhara and scream or whatever." Imogen ordered the pair in separate directions.

Following the fight between Alex and Kaya, the party finally died down around 2AM. Imogen, Adhara, and Kaya all crashed on Imogen's huge bed. The girls changed into their pajamas, but none of them cared to take off their makeup. They knew that they would regret it in the morning, but for now they just wanted to reminisce about the memorable night. The night would surely go down in history as one of the biggest parties to ever be thrown at their school.