Talking Paintings and stories

Start from the beginning

"O....kay.Wait. Nephew?"

"Godly side. Don't ask."

I grinned and turned to Harry."So, comparing stories time?"

-5 minutes later-

"So there we were, trying to figure out how we could pay the waitress for our food, when Ares shows up! With a quest." I was talking about my first quest.

"But weren't you already on a quest?" Harry protested.

I shrugged."When a god wants you to do something- unless you like being a rodent- you do it."

"Okay, so what happened?"

"He bought us lunch, which we didn't eat, and sent us. We arrived at the water park and took some clothes.

We went through the abandoned rides. Not one of them had Ares' shield. Then we found the most likely one. 'Tunnel of Love'. I told Annabeth to go with me to go look. She said- and I quote- 'Are you kidding? Me, go with you to the... the Thrill Ride of Love? How embarrassing is that? What if somebody saw me?' I mean, who was gonna see her? But whatever, right? So I went off, and she reluctantly followed me. Anyway, we recovered it, got it and Aphrodite's scarf back to Ares, and he gave us a way west.

We took it, and the backpack he gave us that had Double-Stuff Oreos in it.

We talked, slept, freed some animals in Vegas, and made it to the Lotus Casino. We were in there 5 days, but it felt like hours. We finally escaped, found a way to Hades before the next day at sundown. Hades didn't take the bolt. Our friend Luke Castellan did." When I mentioned Luke, Annabeth looked down sadly. I stepped over, sat down, and comforted her. " He was tired of being a pawn for the gods. He said they shouldn't rule. Not anymore."

-1 hour later-

"Then Kronos went right past us, up to Olympus. Annabeth, Thalia, Grover, and I followed. Thalia was stopped when a statue fell onto her legs. We had to keep going." I explained Ethan turning sides and helping us. "Annabeth was injured during the battle, and honestly, it was all I could do to not launch myself at Kronos and attack him -with or without my sword- for hurting her.

Grover worked on healing her. She spoke to Luke. She said that he had promised her that they were a family. He spoke in his voice. Not Kronos'. He pointed out that she was hurt, as if that wasn't obvious. My sword still hadn't returned from the fissure. I had Annabeth's knife. Annabeth and Luke talked me into giving it to him. I was standing there defenseless. He could have killed me quickly and moved on to kill the others. But he didn't. He stabbed himself in the shoulder. That

was his Achilles Heel. He died soon after. He- he died a hero." Annabeth was openly crying now into my shoulder. I held her and wiped a few tears away myself.

I smiled sadly. "So that's part one. What's your story?"

"We'll tell you after dinner."

-60 minutes later- (AN:Harry only told Percy about all that happened in the 7th book.)

"Wow." I said. Annabeth had stopped crying, but she still had watery eyes, and I knew if anyone mentioned anything connected to Luke she'd

start sobbing again.

"I, uh, how about we tell you part two later? The giant war."

Harry nodded. Hermione was sobbing on Ron's shoulder now. Ron was crying too, but it wasn't really noticeable. I didn't blame the guy. Besides friends dying, his brother died.

We all stood and went to bed. I kissed Annabeth good night and sat in my chair. I needed a moment to think. She stopped when she saw I wasn't coming.

She sat next to me."It's okay to cry, you know. Doesn't make you any less of a man."

I nodded. "I know. I.... I know that we need to share with them, to be allies, but I wish...I wish we didn't have to relive that."

She nodded and laid her head on my shoulder. We fell asleep. For once, I had a peaceful sleep.

---------

Hey guys! So there ya go. The stories. Hehe, Percy got ganged up on.

Percy: Yeah, I didn't appreciate that.

Sorry, Percy.

Percy: Yeah Yeah.

Say the disclaimer for me! I forgot to say it earlier.

Percy: Why should I?

Because I can make the others attack you again.

Percy: Fine. She doesn't own anything except the plot. All rights for the characters go to Rick Riordan and J.K. Rowling.

Happy?

Yes. Now off with you! QOTC: Who did Leo meet in House of Hades?