Chapter 6

~ Dimitri

I head straight to my office, I could at least check on my work while I'm here. But as soon as I see my door I see my fiancé right next to it. Perfect!

"Come in, Amanda. We need to talk," I tell her as I head to my desk.

"No, you will not come here ordering me around. I've been trying to talk, so you listen", I let her rant while in the middle of my floor stomping her foot.

"Okay I'm listening", I say calmly seated.

"Umm . . ." she drifts off not even knowing what to say.

"As I was saying, you must see how much of this is a mistake. We were drunk" I answer trying to just get it over with.

"So! Haven't you ever heard the saying "a drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts. I really feel like this was meant to be", she says looking far off.

I sigh, what on God's green earth. "Hunn, I don't love you. I'm telling you and I wish you were a mind reader cause then you'd hear that too. Now let's just end this now , and give me back the ring", I say as of I'm speaking with a child.

"NO!" the lunatic yells, "We love each other."

I can't lie and say that I don't feel bad for her. "Look sweetheart, we can always try and build our relationship, but right now I need time", I say soothingly lying.

She swiped a tear then handed me the ring. Problem solved!

"Can I borrow your phone I need to call a ride?" she asks me.

Gee, she's getting rid of herself, PERFECT! "Sure", I hand my phone over.

I hear the numbers clocking but then I hear her phone ring. "What in the..." I whisper.

"I programmed my number and I have yours, we are not finished", she says scarily then tosses my phone at me and walks out. What have I gotten myself into?

~*'•°•'*~ ~*'•°•'*~ ~*'•°•'*~

After I got done filling out some paper work I head back to pick up Tegan. I see Cruz sitting in thought and I walk over to him only to know where my Tegan is.

"She lives with you?" he asks abruptly.

"Yeah, she needed a place to stay," I answer nonchalantly.

"Because her father kicked her out," he says staring blankly.

"I guess so, you're the one that speaks Spanish," I say with an attitude.

"You're correct, but do you understand that he kicked her out because he thinks she loves you," he says looking at me weird.

"What's wrong with me? And she doesn't love me," I answer thinking it would be impossible for Tegan to love me. She doesn't deserve me and all my baggage.

"Her father is, well old school. He doesn't want his daughter with a white man basically," he says with his eyebrows scrunched up. "Do you love her?"

"Of course not!" I answer quickly feeling the guilt from my lie.

"Good, then you won't mind that she will be moving in with me and a few other students. We have a shelter for those that are homeless," he explains walking towards his office.

I quickly follow, "She isn't homeless! And she is staying with me!" my voice oozes with anger.

Cruz opens the door and sits next to Tegan, he rubs her leg and whispers something in her ear. Like I could understand either way. I have this sinking feeling in my stomache. I feel so hopeless. I grab Tegan's wrist and drag her out the building and to my car. I hear her protesting in her language, but my anger is at it's peak. Cruz will not just come and take her from me, not without a fight.

The ride to my house is silent and I can tell Tegan is pouting. She has her pink lips pouted and arms under her swollen chest. I'm such a perv, but I can't help it when it comes to this girl.

"I'm sorry," I look over at her and read her look of rage. I rub her leg and feel horrible when she moves her leg away from my hand.

I know she loves her mother's food, so while in the car I call up a popular Haitian restaurant and for them to deliver to my house. I give them my credit information and told them to leave it on the porch. When I get in front of the house I hurriedly run out of the car leaving Tegan in the car. I see her face with a mixture of shock and disgust, but I still go to grab the food then run inside.

I set the food in my room and run out to see Tegan looking mad as ever. I try to hug her but she snatches from me and heads to my room. I follow and watch as those pretty eyes widen and glisten with tears. She turns towards me and hugs me so hard. I left her off her feet and carry her in with her legs wrapped around my waist. I let her finish crying before I lift her chin up and kiss the tears and both eyes.

"I miss mom", she says shocking me. This was almost a complete sentence. My Tegan is a fast learner.

" She loves you", I answer back. She smiles and I guess she understood.

I watch as she begins to eat and sniffs. I sit behind her and begin kissing her neck and pretty back. I can feel her shudder and slump back in my chest. I kiss the skin by her ear then whisper, "I love you". I hear her let out a deep breath, she probably didn't even hear me. But it's okay; I lay back with her still on my chest and the food scattered on the bed. And soon enough I fall asleep in a slumber I haven't had in a while, a peaceful sleep.