Chapter 3

~ Dimitri

I drive us up to the night club wondering why she didnt just show me her house.

"We're here," I say as I park.

Tegan jumps out of the car and runs inside. The whole ride over she has been acting weird. she sat straight ahead and refused to move her head. I guess I must have confused her but I'm confused. I ran after her and heard arguing coming from the stairway. i go up the stairs and open the door to a beautiful studio apartment. I look over to the kitchen area of the main room and see Tegan arguing with a man that looked to be her father. He was a very light skinned man with brown eyes. His hair is what really caught my fascination. he had deep waves that looked nothing like Tegan's.

"Asì que este es el hombre?" the man barks. I just stand there confused.

"Padre, calmarse," Tegan says in a calming voice. I guess this is how she must be feeling around me.

"Piensa en tu futuro! Haz que se vaya!" he yells.

"No," she says in a hush looking down.

"¿Usted lo ama?" her father says looking hurt.

Tegans body shakes and she begins to speak but stops. She walks in her room looking sad. I follow her while receiving a glare from her father. I watch her pack her things then feel guilty. I hope this all isn't from us playing house for those weeks.

"House?" she asks glumly looking down. I nod my head and assume she means my house.

While we pack her things I notice her father won't even look at us. I really want to know what's going on. Once the car is fully packed I decide to take her to the beach. She hasn't spoken or even lifted her head.

When we reach there I run over to open her door and lift her out the car.

"Pretty", she says with a half smile.

I grab her face and peck her on the lips. I can't help myself I feel so sorry for her. I sit on the hood of my car and grab her into my arms. She wraps her arms around my neck and just begins to sob. I can feel my heart breaking. All these emotions I have for a girl and I don't even know how she feels. My mind snaps back to her when I feel her body jerking from her hard crying. I rub her face and just hold her the entire night.

THE NEXT DAY

I wake up shocked that I slept on the hood of my car with her and felt so comfortable. I could tell she was shocked to by the way she woke up staring at me.

"Buenos Dias", I try to say. She smiles and laughs. I just remembered an idea I had yesterday. I place Tegan on her feet and urge her into the car before I run over to my door. I'm going to clear a lot of stuff today for the both of us. I start driving to my job the "Findley Law Firm".