She saw the woman from the grocery store the other day. Her name was Tina, right? What was she doing here?

______ began to cautiously open the door. "Hello?" she questioned. What was she doing here? Did she come to say goodbye to Newt or something?

Tina stared at no-maj before her. She could already tell Newt hadn't wiped her memory, she could tell just from the look in her eyes. She obviously was wary of Tina, not like someone would be towards a stranger, but like someone would be when they were unsure what a person would do. She sighed. "Mister Scamander couldn't do it, huh?"

Tina's voice rang through the house and hit Newt's ears with a buzz. What she told him suddenly came back to him. That if Newt didn't wipe ______'s memories by the time he was supposed to leave, she would. Quickly, Newt finished getting ready and dashed out of the room.

Tina looked at ______, grabbing her wand from her pocket. "I'm sorry," she began. "Just stay still. This will be painless."

"What are you doing?" ______ asked, taking a step out. When Tina took her wand out, ______'s heart almost jumped out of her chest. All of a sudden, it came back to her. Tina was the one who told Newt that it was her job to make sure she was obliviated, so of course she wouldn't let ______ just walk away with her memories.

As Tina opened her mouth and pointed her wand, she didn't get a chance to even say the spell before she was interrupted by a louder wizard.

"Expelliarmus!"

Newt had run out of his room, wand in hand, and pointed it right at Tina. Her wand flew out of her hand, and her attention was immediately turned towards Newt. He had a hurt, destroyed, and accusing look on his face. One she never wanted to see. He was looking at her like she had just stepped on one of his beasts. Her wand had flown out of her hand, and now it was rolled out a couple of feet in front of her. Tina wasn't invested in getting her wand back at the moment, she and Newt were just looking at each other.

"Newt, why couldn't you just obliviate her?" Tina asked, a sad tone in her voice. "I told you it couldn't be avoided."

Newt kept his wand pointed, stepping towards them now. ______ was caught in the middle, fearing that she might not make it out of this with her memories intact. "Newt..." ______ began, looking over at him with a scared expression. "What do I do?"

Newt got closer, taking the girl's hand. "Stay behind me," he told her, leading her behind him. Tina watched this exchange with sad eyes. What was so special about this no-maj? Why was Newt going through all this trouble for her? She'd never seen him like this, he was suddenly acting very protective, like she was threatening him. Tina took this moment between them as an opportunity to snatch back her wand from the floor. Now she and Newt were at a standstill, pointing their wands at each other.

Nobody thought you'd ever see this kind of sight. It was atypical of a Hufflepuff, which people consider to be the nicest, most innocent houses, to point his wand at someone, ready for battle. What people tend to miss is that Hufflepuffs are so much more than their stereotype. Hufflepuffs could come through for battle when it came down to it, they could rise to the top when it was somebody they cared about. They were resourceful, and despite Ravenclaw teasing, they were intelligent. They knew how to stick up for themselves, and more importantly (to them, at least), they knew how to stand up for others.

So, that's exactly what Newt was going to do. He was going to stand up for ______, and he was not going to allow her to be obliviated.

Tina pointed her wand at Newt with a heavy heart. She didn't want this, this was the last thing she wanted. Why did no one listen to her when she told them not to get attached to no-majs? It was causing her sister grief, and now, it was going to cause her and Newt grief. She was going to have to obliviate ______, whether Newt liked it or not. She had convinced herself of this now, there was no other way. She couldn't let the two of them walk away together.