Chapter 11: ✪

After what felt like hours, Peter stood up and pulled me up to my feet during that process as well. We turned around to the others, who are either looking at us with sadness or with pure disbelief.
"Ho...How?", Emma asked. She was just as confused as the others.
"Rumplestilskin, my brother, who was angry that I once left him alone many years ago, came to Neverland one day and cursed me. I remember now that the curse is broken." Peter looks down at me and gives me a sad smile. Everyone was listening to him in awe.
"It was right after I met you for the first time. This curse just made me evil. It got worse with the time. The only thing that could save me was.."
"An act of true love", Snow finishes his sentence.
"Yes", Peter said with a trembling voice and looked to the ground. I knew he had tears in his eyes, but when he looked up again there was no hint of any tears in them, only pure terror.
"Oh no", he said.
"What is it?", I asked worried about his sudden fear.
"The curse I started... It's still not stopped", Peter said.
"But I know how to stop this", Regina said.
"You do?", I asked with surprise.
"Yes", she said and gave Henry a sad glance. "I need to give up the thing I love the most. Then everyone who wasn't born here or anyone with magical powers, including you Peter, will be send back to the Enchanted Forest. The others need to leave Storybrooke, which means that they will forget everything that had to do with us."
"You need to give up Henry?", Emma asked.
"Yes", Regina answered. "It is hard, but it is the only way."
"And we are going to forget about all of you?", Henry asked.
"Yes, I am afraid that is going to happen."

"No, no, no, there must be another way!", I said. Emma, Henry, my brothers and I had to leave Storybrooke. I had to leave Peter. And the worst thing was: I was going to forget about him. We had gathered at the edge of Storybrooke, because it was time to say goodbye. The curse was getting closer, but I was in Peter's arms, refusing to let go of him.
"There isn't", Peter whispered into my ear. "And you know  that. I am so sorry."
I took a step back to be able to look into his eyes. His gorgeous green eyes.
"I love you."
"I love you too."
He leaned in and kissed me passionately. Then we parted and I hugged him one more time.
"I am sorry, Wendy, but you need to go now", Regina said with pity in her voice. I looked at her understandingly and nodded. She had to leave her son, which must be equally painful.
"Come on, Wendy", John said and took my hand. "It's going to be okay."
I took another look back. Peter was looking at me and said: "I am going to find you. Remember that. We might be living in different worlds, but that won't stop me." I gave him a quick smile. Then we crossed the line. At that very moment I forgot about him and everything that we have been through.