Chapter 9: ☮

They defeated Peter Pan and put him into the box which they talked about before. Right now we were on our way back home with Hook's ship. Even the Lost Boys, who we took home on the ship as well,  finally turned themselves against Pan. The only one who was still loyal to him was Felix. I didn't understand why. There was nothing left to do for Peter. I sat down next to Felix who was bound to a mast.
"What do you want?", Felix asked unfriendly not even bothering to look at me.
"Why do you still stick with Peter?", I said carefully.
"I won't ever give up on him. I wonder why you did. I thought you loved each other", he said finally looking at me.
"Is that why you hate me?", I asked.
"I don't hate you. You're just his last chance, but you never realized that. You could have saved him."
"What do you mean?", I wondered.
"Before Peter got to Neverland, he lived in an orphanage...", Felix answered.
"I know. He told me", I said.
"But did he tell you that he had a brother? He lived there too. Rumplestilskin", he told me.
"Wait, what? Rumplestilskin is Peter's brother?", I whispered in shock.
"Yes. They wanted to flee from that place, so they got this magic bean which was supposed to bring them to Neverland - the land of their dreams."
"What happened?", I wanted to know every single detail that could make me believe in Peter again.
"They were about to escape and Peter made it, but their caretakers pulled Rumplestilskin back and it was too late. He blamed Peter for that all these years. Rumplestilskin was angry, because Pan never got him. He didn't know how much Peter regretted it. He didn't know that Peter wanted the best for his brother", Felix explained.
"What happened to Peter then?", I asked, but we were interrupted by Baelfire.
"Come on, Wendy.", he said and pulled me to my feet. "You should better forget about them."

I didn't get the chance to talk to Felix for the rest of the journey, although I really wanted to know, what happened. Maybe my hope was needless, maybe he was just fooling with me. Or he was crazy obsessed with Peter. We arrived in Storybrooke - the small town Henry and his family lived in.
"It's going to be okay, Wendy", I heard somebody say. It was Henry, but he didn't sound like himself. I gave him a confused look, but he was gone as quickly as he came. Then I saw my brother's. I couldn't believe how grown up they were. I forgot that they must be adults now. But still, it was definetly them. They called my name and I ran towards them. We ended up in a big embrace.
"The last time I hugged you, you were smaller than me", I said looking up at them.
"I know", Michael said. "Crazy right?"
"It is so good to see you again", John said.
Baelfire came up to us.
"Oh, do you remember Baelfire?", I said.
"Bae!", my brothers called out in disbelief and we all hugged again.

We talked, we ate and we laughed a lot that day. The reunion with me brothers almost took my mind off Peter. We slept in a Hotel that belonged to the restaurant we ate in. The next day was complete chaos. Peter Pan's shadow was flying around and killed a nun. Nobody knows how they did it.
"What are you going to do?", I asked Baelfire.
"We have to let him out of the box. Then we need to kill him. Are you okay?", he asked worried, when I stood there in shock. I never told him about my past with Peter.
"I'm okay", I lied and went back to my room. I locked the door and started to think. I didn't know what to do. Should I save Peter or just let them do whatever they wanted to do with him?
Half an hour later someone knocked on the door. It was John.
"Wendy, are you in there?", he asked.
"Yes", I answered.
"Peter never was in the box. He swapped bodies with Henry. They need to change them back now", he explained through the door. I almost laughed. Of course Peter Pan didn't fail.
But maybe he failed before once...
I stood up in shock.
I needed to talk to Felix.

When I managed to get to the police station without getting caught, I found him locked up in a prison cell.
"I waited for you", Felix said.
"How did you know I would come back?", I wondered.
"Because you do love him. I can see that", he smirked.
"I want to know what happened to him", I said ignoring him.
"Rumplestilskin always wanted revenge. And when he became the Dark One, he got it. He came to Neverland and found out that Peter wasn't evil. He still loved his brother, but Rumplestilskin was full of anger. He cursed his own brother. He wanted him to become evil", Felix explained.
"When did it happen?", I asked in shock.
"Shortly after you arrived in Neverland the first time. The curse was making him evil and selfish, but it got worse with the time. He knew he was going to change, but he liked you. He didn't want you to see him like that. But you came back and experiened how the curse affected him. He couldn't break it."
"You need to tell me, how to break it", I said urging to know.
"I think you know it already. Peter needs something he didn't have in years."
I nodded and began to walk away, when I turned around once more.
"Felix?", I asked.
"Uh-huh", I heard him say.
"I will make sure, they let you out of here."