A Little Arrangement

"Honey, will come down for a minute? We need to speak with you. It's very important." Her mother called.

Y/n was in the middle of writing in her journal, minding her own, mindlessly smiling as she wrote about her love and appreciation for the court boy, Lorenzo. "Coming, mother!"

Closing the pen in her journal, she made her way down the stairs smoothly to find a young man and her parents. He was quite handsome, made her eyes widen as she locked eyes with the beautiful stranger.

"Y/n, this is Justin Bieber, son of the dutchess, Patricia and the Duke, Jeremy Bieber. He has a message for you." Her father spoke in such a proper tone, it confused Y/n.

"Y/n, I know this may be sudden, but my parents have requested you and your family to join ours for dinner."

"Oh, uh. Of course, Mr. Bieber, when-"

"Please, sweetheart. Call me Justin. Mr. Bieber is my father." He smiles charmingly.

"Justin. Yes. Um, when will this dinner be?" It sounded weird to Y/n speaking properly in front of the son of royalty. Y/n lives in the ghetto, where poor commoners have to trade and beg for their meal and clothes.

"My house, at seven." He assures.

Something about his mannerisms make Y/n wonder what this dinner means. What was happening?

She simply nodded, "of course."

-

"Lorenzo! Stop it, I have to get going. The Duke invited my family to a supper. Sounded urgent. I have to get ready." Y/n giggled.

"What do you mean a family dinner?"

Y/n simply shrugged. She wasn't too sure herself.

"A fair one like you, I'm sure it's about marriage." Lorenzo spoke bitterly.

"Don't be so silly, Enzo. I'm poor, a commoner. A girl like me doesn't belong in a home like theirs. My blood is dirty to them. This dinner surely isn't about that."

"Then don't go. Don't go to this supper and stay with me."

"Enzo, I already promised them I would go. I'll be home soon, I promise, okay?" She pecked her satin lips on Lorenzo's burning cheek.

"You look beautiful, Y/n." Lorenzo's blue eyes locked with Y/n's before he kissed her sweet lips. "I'll see you when you come back, yes?"

"I promise." Y/n smiled.

-

Her world came crashing down. Everything she found color and beauty in, became gray. She was to be married to Justin Bieber in three months time. Though he would be a prize to have, her heart belonged to someone else.

And she had no say in it what-so ever.

"Y/n, darling, don't be rude. Kiss your fianceè. Look happier. Smile." Her mother chirped.

Y/n looked at Justin, he had a wide grin on his face, his features soft and patient. "I know this is sudden, but I promise to make and keep you happy." He spoke softly, assurance in his eyes.

Justin had eyes for Y/n for years. He was always so fascinated by her beauty, he knew he wanted her.

This was too much for Y/n to process. She promised to be with Lorenzo, the court boy who sold milk and bread to people in their little town market. The boy she's loved since she was young, her best friend turned lover.

This would crush Lorenzo to bits, but she cannot say no to this offer. Her family gets an upgrade; to not live in poverty any longer.

"Okay." Was all she could muster up to say. She was heartbroken. What was she going to tell Lorenzo?