Rose Cafe

Im Jade, generally unnoticed in my school, and as usual I smoothed down my kyoto high uniform before sighing and turning to walk to lunch. I am 5'0,  light brown hair with a red streak and i have blue eyes.

There he was again strutting down the hall, heels clicking as he walked towards the cafeteria. Blonde hair perfectly in place, his brown eyes shining above the silver noseband that he always wore, as he headed towards his circle of friends. His name. Akira. To me, he was perfection in the most basic form. Unfortunately, he was admired by so many others, but purely for his status or looks. This beautiful being was class president, the girls all had crushes on him, he was both athletic and intellegent. He also had many friends, but his closest 4 others.They had preferred names; Aoi, Uruha, Kai and Ruki, they were all members of the football team as well as being respected students.

The girls of the school, basically fell at the boys feet. Walking quietly with my head down, I took my place next to my dear friend Yume. She smiled happily as she greeted me, she started eating her sushi. I was moody and quiet, she also knew this because outside of school, we worked at a café together. Today was a regular day; we wrote assignments; got homework' rushed out of school directly to Rose Café.

Quickly getting changed into our uniform ;black skirt; white shirt;red and black waistcoat and black tie along with knee high black socks with a white bow, matching satin gloves and plain black heels. The bell of the door sounded as a black haired woman sauntered in taking a seat at a window, I gestured for Yume to take her order while I loaded the coffee machine and proceeded to take the food out to the other customers. I giggled at Yume rolling her eyes as she walked away from the woman, scribbling down her order.

"You are so getting the next customer" She giggled quietly, lightly tapping me as she began to prepare her order. Moments later Aoi; Ruki; Uruha; Kai and Akira walked through the door, sitting immediatly at a large table.

"It's like you planned it" I taunted Yume, pointing an accusing finger at her giggling.

"I believe you have customers Jay-chan" She smiled, poking her tongue out before walking out with an order. Taking a deep breath, I walked over to the group of boys smiling politely.

"Konichiwa, may I take your order?" I bowed slightly before scribbling down the order, bowing again and walking towards the counter to prepare them. After a minute or two, I noticed them watching me curiously as if trying to recognise me. Feeling my cheeks burning, I tried to look away stumbling slightly on something.

"Yume, what are you doing down there?" I questioned my friends abnormal behaviour with a giggle.

"Hiding." She smiled mischeiviously. 

"Go and clean the tables." I smiled evilly. 

"Damn you." She cursed, straightening out her uniform before casually walking over and clearing the table next to the boys, gradually working her way around the café. Glancing at Akira, I could see him conversing with Kai and Aoi about football practice. I walked over, placing their drinks on the table before bowing a final time saying.

"Thank you for your patience, enjoy your drinks." Blushing, I shuffled back behind the counter before Yume and I went on a break, standing outside and giggling. I resumed my place behind the counter; wiping it slowly and refilling the coffee machine; serving another customer and occasionally glancing over to the boys, who were deep in conversation about something. I saw Aoi put up his hand, so I returned to the table.

"Yes, sir?" I smiled kindly, returning the smile, Aoi politely asked if he could have another order of drinks.

"Of course sir, I will be right back with your drinks" I bowed before walking swiftly back behind the counter and once again preparing thier beverages. Minutes later, I walked over holding 2 trays; the first going to a customer and handing them their food, before continuing to the table where the 5 boys were seated.

"Doku gomenasai for the delay, here are your drinks" I bowed, placing the cups infront of the people I collected them from.I bowed once more before excusing myself to see a new customer, a slight blush in my cheeks. An hour and another order of drinks later, the Café was almost empty except for the 5 boys. Aoi called me over once more to ask for the bill, I nodded immediately bringing it to their table. Handing them the bill, I spoke according to script each waitress was taught.

"Thank you for choosing Rose Café, please come again soon." I smiled, blushing slightly as I bowed a final time before collecting their cups. Just as they were walking out. I glanced up to see Akira smiling and waving goodbye. I then waved in response before he dissapeared out of view.

"OMG He waved at you." Yume squeeled excitedly.

"He was just being polite, Yume." I giggled, rolling my eyes at my enthusiastic friend. I wipied the tables down and cleaned the floor before locking the café doors. I walked  to my car with Yume, we shared an apartment together ,but only I could drive.