CRAZY GIRLS AND SHOPPING MOVIE DATES

Start from the beginning

"Fuck off! Let me through," Carl pushed students out of the way and his eyes went wide when he saw Poppy looking all beat up on the floor. He was by her side in an instant.

"What the hell happened?!" He demanded.

"Nothing, I'm fine," Poppy tried to stand up but the room was suddenly spinning, "I'm just a little dizzy."

She nearly fell, but Carl was quick to catch her.

He shook his head and repeated his question, directing it to Cristina.

"Lisa went all 007 on her, started slamming her against the wall," Cristina explained.

Carl gave an angry sigh as fury filled his face. "That bitch! I'm gonna kill her!"

"Gallagher!" Poppy exclaimed, having gained her senses back. "I am fine! It's okay! Her junkie ass was probably on something for all we know."

After making sure Poppy was alright, and giving one last look to Carl, Cristina nodded and left.

The principle had left as well with Lisa and security, so the crowd had died down, it was only Poppy and Carl now.

"Carl, I don't wanna hear-"

"You need to be more careful!"

"More careful? How?! She approached me! She shoved me! She did everything! And I'm a tiny person! How am I suppose to fight back?!"

Carl took a deep breath before turning to look at Poppy. "You're right. I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Let's just go," Carl grabbed Poppy's books from the floor and they began walking. 

"Why did she attack you, anyway?"

Poppy let out a chuckle.

"She has a thing for you."

Carl laughed.

"It's too bad her junkie-ness hits too close home to my mommy issues."

Poppy laughed before shaking her head and turning to her 'boyfriend'.

"How is it that you can always prevent me from staying mad at you?"

"Because I just have to remind you of how much you love me."

•••

"Carl, just come out!" Poppy exclaims as she sat on the outside of the dressing room, where Carl had changed into a suit she had picked out for him.

"I look like a fucking idiot! If I saw myself, I'd beat myself up," He groaned.

"Quit whining, you big baby! Just get out here!" She couldn't help but laugh, this being the most fun she's had in this whole situation.

Poppy heard Carl grumble a small 'goddamnit, Popsicle' before she saw the curtains open and Carl walk out.

"Whoa," Poppy exclaimed with a grin.

"I know, I look fucking dumb," Carl rolled his eyes.

"No!" She smiled. "Carl, you look great!" She stood up and walked to him, helping him adjust the jacket and do the buttons properly.

A pink tint filled Carl's cheeks before he looked in the mirror.

"You think? Can I actually pass off as something more than south side trash?"

Poppy smacked the back of his head. "You'll always be more than south side trash, Gallagher. Never doubt that for a second."

•••

After they purchased Carl's clothes, (thank you, Poppy's father, for the credit card) they decided to walk around the mall some more.

"Popsicle, let's go to the movies!" Carl exclaimed as he saw that the mall had a movie theater.

Poppy scrunched her eyebrows. "What do you wanna watch?"

"Your pick, I'll pay," Carl offered.

"No, it's alright, I can pay," Poppy chuckled.

"You already paid for my dumb fucking clothes, I'm paying for the movies. Let's go."

They stood in line for a few minutes before they went up to the window.

"What movie would you two like to see?" The guy at the window asked.

"Poppy?" Carl asked.

Poppy took a second to look at the list and smiled once she saw a certain title.

"Trolls!" She exclaimed happily.

"Seriously?" Carl asked, eyebrows scrunched.

"Hey, you said I could choose."

"Fine, fine. Two tickets for Trolls," he said.

He paid and the vendor gave them the tickets.

"Let's go!" Poppy grabbed his hand and dragged him inside.

They didn't buy snacks, because they weren't idiots who spend ten dollars on a pack of skittles, so they did what any normal person would do, and snuck candy in.

Once they entered the theater room, they noticed there was a few people there, but not a lot. Mostly just little kids with their parents.

They went to the very top, because according to Poppy, those were the best seats.

"Is it 'cause you're too short to sit at the very front?" Carl smirked.

"Shut up, Gallagher."

They took their seats, and it was then they realized they were still holding hands.

And for some reason, even with no one watching, they didn't let go.

it is so freaking incredible how much comments inspire me to write.

i was feeling really crappy and insecure about my writing, but then i went through the comment section of this book and damn- you guys made me smile so much and i felt so happy that you guys like this, that i decided to update.

hope you guys enjoy xx