Prologue

Ciel Phantomhive point of view.
"Boccan, a letter," Sebastian announced. My gaze drifts to the manila coloured letter on a sterling silver tray. On the letter is a blood red seal-the insignia of her majesty.
I quickly discard the paperwork for the company and set my full attention on it. "Well, hand it over then," I order. I slit the wax with ease to reveal the contents. In her pristine handwriting the letter reads,
To my dearest Guard Dog,
How are you my dear? Phipps and I made a marvelous lemon and tangerine cake! It tastes the best when warm, if I do say so myself. You must try it yourself on your next visit, which may in fact be soon.
The reason being is yet to be discovered. There is a presence in the woods east of your manor that is unnerving to the hunters there. They call her The Phantom, as she is always seen in a flash of white, never showing for more than a second or two.
I'd like you to find this Phantom and find out her motives. When you do, I'd like to meet her. Of course, if she is a threat, you know what to do...yes?
When searching for her please remember that the forest she resides in is always foggy in the morning and nights. Another thing to consider is that this Phantom is said to carry a sword with her. Please take the utmost caution and put an end to these rumours.
Good luck!
-Victoria.
Tch, a bunch of men with guns are afraid of a measly girl? How cowardly. Sebastian and I exchange looks. "Shall I pack your bags, Boccan?" "Yes. Are there any inns around or close to these woods?" I ask.
"None that I am aware of, sir. But there are a few cabins that are used for hunters who go after bigger game." A curt sigh escapes my lips. "I guess this must suffice. We shall set off immediately. As usual, do not dilly dally."
He bows with a hand positioned over his heart and produces that damned fake smile. "Yes, My Lord."
............................................................
A week later!
Tsubaki Red!!!!!!
I kneel against the trunk of the willow tree that I've been residing under, rearranging my dresses and pulling out some soap. "Rosi, yell if someone comes," I call while grabbing the towel that I've washed the day prior. The other one-my fluffy, ivory coloured one- is still drying in the mild sun.
I enter the water and clean up quickly. This life style of living in the woods does not suit my skin. It gets so grimy and hot, often leaving my skin dirty, slick with a thin layer of sweat. I often have to bathe or swim in a stream or pond to cool down from the intense heat.
After I exit, I throw on my cape and call Rosi to my side. "Okay. You go an ahead and find a tree. I'll take a nap and we'll meet up later." Rosalind is very intelligent, smarter than the average bird. I trust her to hold up to our agreement and she does the same for me.
Rosalind screeches and flies off, leaving a bright trail of beautiful ashes behind. I chuckle to myself and continue to fold my towel.
My name is Tsubaki Red, or Lady Vestal. Crevan was my parent's name, mine too until I turned three. It isn't that I was abandoned or married off at a young age...it's just that as a vestaling I was forced to adopt the name. We all were. I don't really mind though. It's the way of the vestals.
Now, you may wonder what the heck a vestal is. Well, another term is priestess. Princess if you will. There's four vestals in the world-all teenaged- and we manage the seasons. The way we were chosen depended on our specific powers, such as advanced healing, poison making and such.
Two are humans, that would be Amber-the Vestal of Summer and Francine-the Vestal of Autumn.
Then there are two angels, Sylvia-the Vestal of winter and me-the Vestal of Spring. But...Sylvia is technically the only full blooded angel amongst us all. We'll talk about that later.
In addition to managing the seasons we manage the supernatural population and wellbeing of our kind. Angels, demons, shinigami, you name it. If there is a particular threat in out section we take them out; that being the cause of most vestals not living past the age of eighteen. I'm one of the lucky few. I've kept my head for a mere fifteen years but I've made it a hell of a life for me and my kind.
Currently, I'm in the woods, looking for my little siblings, well, I'm taking a short rest. The pair are twins, Momoko and Peter. At only the age of five, they faced one of the most terrifying things possible.
On one of my business meetings with the other vestals, the pair were sold into English slavery by one of the staff. It was horrible. They've been gone for about a year... I've finally been granted leave to find them.
I've already been in these woods for half a month. And even if it takes me a year, a decade, or a century, I won't stop until they are found- even if it's just their bodies.
Prolouge End
...................................................