Chapter 2

~Ashton's POV~

Monday morning I saw her in the hall. "Hey Dylan! Wait up!"

"Hey Ashton." She was smiling.

"You ok?"

"Ya, ya I'm good..." She said it slower this time.

"Dylan..." She turned away from me. "Dylan? Talk to me!"

"No Ash..." Almost as if it were painful to get the words out.

"Dylan, please?"

"Ashton..." she turned back to me "SHUT UP!"

"..."

"I'm... s-sorry Ash, thats not what I..."

"No, it's ok..."

She turned her back to me... and ran.

"Dylan!" I shouted running after her. I pushed through the crowd of people and grabed her before she got to the door. "Dylan?" My voice trembled. I could see the tears welling up in her eyes. "Seriously, Dylan. Are you OK?"

She shook her head gently.

"The hospital called last night." I was about to protest, but she stopped me. "He's gone Ash."

"Ya... Thats what happen when people kill themselfs." She gave me a look of anger and desparation that reminded me not to be insensitive. "Sorry.." I mouthed.

"Like gone, gone." She continued "They tried everything. But the blade had gone clean through, and they couldn't save him." She looked up at me with tears in her eyes. "He was all I had left!" Her voice was so shaky I though it would break apart and fall out of the air at any moment.

"Dylan, I..." She buried her face into my chest. I could feel her tears soaking through my T-shirt.

"I'm sorry, Dylan. I'm so, so, sorry..."