"He knew, he knew all this time, he knew" I whisper over and over again as she rocks me in her arms. I can't go down there now, I can imagine my father and brother holding him back from coming up here.

The atmosphere intense with our emotions, making my family cut this celebration short.

My eyes puffy and red from the tears, I can't come to terms with what is happening, what has happened.

I smell him before he finally comes into the room, my mother moving away from me on the floor. I watch her walk out of the room and place her hand on his shoulder before closing the door behind her.

I wish she didn't do that. I can't be left alone with him, I don't know what will happen with the door closed.

"Why?" Is all I can voice.

"You were 13 when I found out you were my mate, I felt like a pedophile looking at you the way I did when I turned 18, I had to leave baby" The way he says baby is like he has used it on me many times. It sounds good coming from his lips

"Why didn't you come for me?" I could smell the fear growing, knowing he may lose me. I can see him choosing his words wisely before voicing the words that crumble our relationship before it can even begin

"I got a girl pregnant"

Troy

The truth was out and I felt better about it. I got a girl pregnant but she wasn't pregnant anymore, she miscarried and I stayed to try and help her get through the loss.

I wasn't happy that she was going to mother my child, but I wasn't going to leave the child without a father.

I watch Kylie nod her head and look at me with a new found strength. This made me terrified to step closer to her.

"So why are you here?" Why? Was all she could ask me? I don't understand. Truth is all I should give to her, she deserves that much.

"She miscarried a few weeks ago and I stayed to help her get through the loss of the child"

"Is she your girlfriend?" I shake my head. I see the hope in her eyes that reflect my own

"She was just a drunken mistake, I had a night out with Zeke and Jasmine when I hooked up with her" She nods her head again and sits up on the bed facing the wall. I take a step towards her but she growls at me.

The wolf mad as hell. I can feel it but my wolf wants her to understand that she was too young for me to claim as mine. All she feels is betrayal that I left her, betrayal that I gave my gift of life to someone else that was meant for her.

"I think you should leave" Her words cut me deep, so deep that they penetrate my soul. I have been without her, waiting for her to recognise the bond as a mate bond for 5 years

"Kylie, you-"

"I want you to leave please" I don't put up a fight because I know she won't budge on this. I sigh turning around and facing the door "I'm not going to reject you, I understand why you had to leave but it doesn't mean I'm happy about it, please just give me some time" I nod my head and leave her room.

I don't hear my parents call to me or feel my brother take my shoulder, I just keep walking leaving the house and shifting as soon as I shut the door behind me.

I howl into the night as I run, hard and fast around the territory until I can no longer feel anything. This is not how I wanted our meeting to go.

I knew she was understanding, that's what I loved about her but I didn't think I would feel how betrayed she felt.

There is still hope for us but right now there is just an empty void that only my mate can fill and she needs her space.

I don't go back to my parents, I spend all my time at the hospital. I eat, sleep and breathe at the hospital. Tending to patients to fill my time where I should be spending my time with her.

Some of the females try to get my attention, I don't look at them. They try to invite me to dinner but I don't accept. They want my company because I'm the new meat on the block.

They're not who I want and need in my life.

"Son" I turn around to see my father standing at my office "You don't look good" I shrug my shoulders "You don't want to come home?"

"I've just been so busy with work, the shifts that I'm working are nearly 24 hour shifts" I sigh "I'm up to my ears with patients and I haven't decided which area I truly want to specialise in"

"Have you thought about being the head pack doctor?" He asks "The current one is getting too old for the role and he noticed you have been gifted by the moon, that doesn't come around very often"

"No wonder why he took a liking to me instead of the others" My dad smiles

"Well you only have yourself and two other newbies" I smile nodding my head and lean back in my chair "I really came to see how you are doing, we miss you at the house"

"Aiden tells me she moved out" He nods his head "Good for her, she needs to learn to be independent" I say. It hurts to say it but I want her to learn to depend on herself without me.

"She can learn with her mate by her side" He makes a good point. I shake my head

"She doesn't want me yet, she isn't ready to come to terms with why I left and why I didn't come for her straight away. You and mum knew why"

He takes a seat opposite me and leans forward "It is hard for a female to accept her male willingly left her but she will soon understand with time why"

"She said she understands but she needs time, it's been two weeks and I'm slowly dying" I place my head in my hands "She's so close this time yet so far away from me. I'm afraid that if I do the wrong thing, she won't come to me so I put all my time and effort into my residency"

"Well with you becoming the head pack doctor, you'll have more time to spend with her, make her see that she needs you in her life, that you did what was best for her... Now come, I know you should have clocked off 3 hours ago and you're having 4 days off, we want you home"

"I've got so much work to do" I say

"Your bag is in my car already and you are coming home now" I hated when he used his alpha tone on me but I appreciated the thought behind it. I shake my head smiling "Bring your work with you if you must, your mother is going to get Kylie as we speak, you both need some time together"

I hope you liked this part, kept liking this and I'm sure there will be more of this to come.xx