2

Aiden stood over my desk with a coffee in his hand ready for me, I was furiously typing away figures into this dumb spreadsheet my office in charge made up when he starts tapping his foot.

"Fuck Aiden, stop!" I growl pressing the last numbers in, I scream "DONE!"

I grab my hand bag and the coffee in his hand before we nearly sprint out the door to our parent's house.

I'm glad it's Friday but we were already running late to dinner. I had been getting messages from my younger cousins asking where we were. All Troy's friends and our family were already there, it was just the alpha's children who needed to arrive.

We had to stop at the supermarket and pick up some dessert, I couldn't help but grab a few bags of lollies to eat on the way.

"She's going to know you've had something to snack on before dinner" I roll my eyes at Aiden as we pull into the driveway

"I know but she'll understand when I haven't eaten since breakfast" I pout "You'll back me up because you had some yourself" I poke my tongue at him as we both laugh.

My wolf starts to get a little jumpy, whining softly inside. Aiden looks over curiously at me

"Tell her to settle down"

"I can't, I don't know what it is" Grabbing our things, she gets even more antsy than she was when we pulled up to the house.

I didn't know how to calm her down, my legs were beginning to shake, my heart was racing and I felt butterflies in my stomach. I am a mess.

Aiden quickly takes the bags from my hands as soon as we open the door and I brace myself against the wall when I'm meet with the most intoxicating scent I have ever smelt.

I was choking on it in a good way. Suffocating in that delectable scent that I was being drawn to. It leads me deeper into the house where I find a strong back facing the entry way in the kitchen.

My knees are weak as I grab the doorway for support. Looking him up and down, I wish he would turn around to face me. His back looked strong and muscular, fit to provide and protect me.

What had me hesitating to move forward was his tattooed right arm. The tattoos so familiar to me, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I gasp just as he tenses up and slowly turns around but I'm already running up the stairs away from him as fast as I could.

I'm near the top of the stairs when I feel the tingles and warmth creep up my arm, I can feel his gaze moving his way up my back to my neck

"Let me go and shower Troy" My voice barely sounding stable. I'm about to crumble at the top of the stairs with the way he is gripping my arm. His touch is gentle yet strong, like he knows I'm going to fall as soon as I turn to face him

I refuse to turn around to confirm what I already know. I refuse to face the truth of what his touch means to me.

He hesitates for a moment before letting me go "Ok but I want you to hear me out later please"

I don't give him an answer and quickly rush to the bathroom to wash away my thoughts.

The water use to help and soothe me but this time is doesn't. It makes the stir of my emotions grow within me, while I change I can't help but feel anger towards him.

I try to calm myself but I can't, I fall to my knees, feeling the pain in my heart that he placed there.

I hear feet rushing into the room and the embrace of my mother comforting me in my agony. I can smell his turmoil, his fear rolling off him in waves.