*Chapter 1: School's Out

Start from the beginning

“Me too,” I agreed just as we reached my room. “See you at lunch, yeah?” I said.

“Yup. Later,” she said and waved before speed walking down the hall to her class so she wouldn’t be late.

I smiled and took a seat in my desk, waiting for the bell to ring. Instead of being happy about my classes, I just couldn’t wait for them to be over.

----------

This trimester, the only class I had with any of the girls from the summer was my Spanish class. This was with Lucy. The two of us, since we were seniors, were taking Spanish 5 since we had the opportunity to take two years of Spanish as freshmen. And we also sat in desks right next to each other, so we could easily partner up on projects and in class.

We both wanted to talk about break, since we were both excited to see our friends. She was definitely excited to see Niall. She liked him, and it was obvious he liked her, but they just couldn’t figure out how exactly to make it happen for the two of them. The girls and I had planned to figure out a way to get them together. It would be tougher than we wanted, however.

While we worked on our homework, we were allowed to ask our neighbors for help. Most people used it to chat with their friends, not doing any work whatsoever. Today, I was going to use it to talk to her while doing my homework.

“So, you ready for this?” I asked as I filled in a few blanks with the conjugated forms of some verbs we had learned this week.

“Yeah. Being there will give me plenty of time to practice my guitar,” she responded. When the teacher looked at us, she quickly restated it in Spanish.

I nodded with a smile and then started whispering so the teacher wouldn’t hear what we were saying. “Are you going to talk to Niall about what’s going on between you two?”

“Nothing is going on. Will you ever let it go?” Lucy asked with a small smile and blush. I could tell that she didn’t mean it.

“Nope. You two are meant to be. I’ll make it happen,” I responded with a smile. I got back to work on my homework, humming softly. “What do you think we’ll do there?”

“I don’t know. Probably a snowball fight or something or having crazy movie marathons. These guys are unpredictable and you know that,” she reminded me as she jotted something down in her tiny handwriting.

“Probably. How do you write like that?” I asked, motioning to the word she had just written on her paper.

“How do you write like that?” She retorted. My handwriting was larger than hers, but not completely. It was about the height of the gap between the lines on a loose leaf paper. It wasn’t all that big, but we liked to joke about it just a bit.

“Touché,” I said and kept working. I finished my sheet after a while and turned it in so I wouldn’t have to remember it over the break. The teacher thanked me, in Spanish of course, and I nodded before going back to my desk.