4➕Pickup Line He Uses On You

Your economics class was dumb. Being a teacher's assistant was dumb. Generally, school was pretty dumb. The only thing that really made school worth it was your best friend, Kian. He and his parents and siblings had moved next door when you were four and he was five, and the two of you grew up together. Even though he was a year older, you still had some of the same classes because you were one of the top students in your grade.

At the moment, you were TAing (being a teacher's assistant) for one of the sophomore English classes. You got to sit in the back on one of the couches but there was a stack of grammar worksheets two feet tall beside you to grade. As soon as you reached to grab one, your phone buzzed. You typed in your password and unlocked your phone to see a text from Kian.

from: key-yuhn
hey Y/N, is your dad a preacher? cuz girl ur a blessing

from: me
okkkk hahaha what's this all about? i'm a lil busy rn :||

His text made you giggle. You loved when he sent you funny texts; it always brightened your day a little bit.

from: key-yuhn
did u die recently, Y/N? cuz girl, u look like an ANGEL ;-)

You never wanted to admit it, but you had always had a little crush on Kian since you two held hands for the choir concert when you were a sophomore and he was a junior. He was not only handsome, but sweet and funny and just a really good person. You knew he probably didn't feel the same way, especially since he had dated a few people in the time that you'd known each other. It was always going to be totally platonic between the two of you.

~

After the period had ended, you met Kian by his locker. Yours was so far away that you didn't even bother using it and just shared with Kian.

"Hey, Y/N," he called.

"Hey, Kian," you replied. "How was pre-calc?"

"Same-old, same-old, I just really hate logarithms," he told you.

Laughing in agreement, you shoved your books onto one of the shelves. "So what was up with all those cheesy pickup lines?"

"Well, Tab sent me a link to a bunch of them and said I should send them to you to see if you'll finally go out with me," he said, quite nonchalantly.

"Uh, what? You? Go out? With me?" You stuttered. Kian chuckled.

"Is this twenty questions? Yes, Y/N, I want to go out with you. So-"he paused to check his phone, "let me take a picture of you and send it to my mom so I can show her what my next girlfriend looks like."

Blushing, you smiled as Kian snapped a quick picture of you.

"So, yes?" He asked. "Please tell me I didn't look through sixty-one pages of corny pickup lines for you to say no."

"Yes, Kian," you smiled. "I'll go out with you."

He grinned and wrapped his arm around your waist as the two of you walked down the hall to your next class together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

haha enjoy dis

and pls read bc kian :-( also read my 5sos prefs and my books "written//hood" ((prob gonna delete last chance cuz its crap ANYWAY))

byeeee :-)

-anna x