Chapter 2: No Take-backs

"Paige! Paige!" Katelynn yelled in my ear.  I looked at her and shook my head.  "Yes? May I help you?" I snapped.  She nodded her head and walked away, knowing what had just been through my head.  It wasn't my fault.  I missed him and there was nothing wrong with that now was there?  As I walked down the hallway a very familiar boy walked up to me. "Paige?" I breathed in. "Alex...hey. Long time no see." I bit my lip and looked down.  Alex was Austin's long time best friend.  This was a whole different story now.  "I just wanted to tell you there's someone outside waiting to speak to you." He replied softly.  I looked at him confused.  As I slowly made my way outside I saw a distinct red Range Rover along with a boy leaning against it.  "A-Austin...what are you doing here?" I whispered barely loud enough to hear.  He smirked and replied "I miss you Pai. Leaving you behind was the biggest mistake I could have made. I'm sorry. I want to make it up to you somehow."  As I took in his words a million thoughts were running through my mind at this moment.  I thought to myself "Is he telling the truth." I looked him straight in the eyes...his beautiful eyes. Okay off track. "Austin, you can't come back a year later. What if I've moved on? What about you? I'm sure you've moved on. Its time to let go. This is the past." I spoke.  He looked at my intensly and laughed.  "I know it was a stupid game I was playing.  But this past year I've been busy, and I had no one to keep me in line like you did. I realize that I want you Paige. I need you."  His words struck me deep. "That's bullshit Austin and we both know it. You're not fooling anyone, so cut the crap." I struck back. He shook his head. "You don't get it do you? I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. I take it all back."  As I looked the boy who I once loved dearly in the eyes I said three little words, that shattered me inside as I spoke them. "No take-backs."  I gave him one last look and turned and walked away.  I felt terrible just leaving like that, but you know what?  He did the exact same thing to me and I'm almost positive he didn't feel one damn drop of guilt.  That's the difference though, between me and him.  I feel sorry that I did this to him. Gahhh, times like these, I just want to give up.

Please tell me how you like it?! I don't want to make a crappy story and embaress myself. Thanks for reading!