capítulo número seis: el accidente

Start from the beginning

Once I finished eating, I threw away the trash and made sure to leave a window open for Toby in case he needed to use his litter box. I plugged my earbuds in as I made my way to the bus station and shoved my hands in my pockets.

I had been feeling happy lately. I had money in my bank account, I had paid my bills and I wasn't afraid of living pay check to pay check. And it was all thanks to my sexy as hell boss. If he only allowed me to show him just how badly I wanted him!

I twirled the stud in my ear, pensively, pursing my lips in thought. I found that whenever I was thinking, I always played with my ear piercings. It was weird, but it helped relax me. It didn't matter what I was thinking about, I just had to keep my hands occupied.

A year ago, I would have laughed at my future self. I only had the standard piercings in both ears, nothing too crazy and I wore tiny studs because I didn't want to attract attention to myself if I wore big hoops.

Now I had three small helix piercings on top of my ear, a tiny stud on my tragus and three tiny flowers near my standard piercings. They weren't huge or heavy, but whenever I had my hair up in a bun, people stared.

And I was sure that if I had past-me in front of present-me, I would stare, too. But I was happy now. I didn't feel like I had to appease anyone's expectations of myself – hell even I didn't have expectations for myself. It was really freeing and new; I loved it.

I looked out the window, at the blurry buildings as we drove by them and continued playing with my piercings. As soon as I finished cleaning up Luca's mess, I would go straight home and hope that whoever I'm stealing Wi-Fi from fixes it, so, I can finish what I had started this morning.

Whenever I didn't get my O's, I became really irritated and moody. Some people thought that girls were moody only when they had their periods, but they didn't know about a certain malady known as "fangry," which was the lack of any sexual activity causing anger and other side effects.

By the time, I realised I was at Luca's home, I realised that I wasn't paying attention to anything I was doing. I didn't remember getting off the bus or walking down the street to his house. Hell, I didn't even remember walking up the stairs and unlocking his door. It was like I stepped out of my body and it went on to do everything on its own.

I placed my purse in the closet and made my way into the kitchen to gather all the trash and check the house for any disasters. Surprisingly, things weren't as dirty as I expected them to be; he had kept his end of the deal.

After I plugged my earbuds and found a song that I liked, I placed my phone in my back pocket and hummed along to the music as I put the clean dishes away. I didn't really have a routine to clean, as long as everything ended up clean, I was fine.

The last couple of things I did and wouldn't change, were sweeping and then mopping. If I changed that from my routine, something would happen and with my luck, I'd have to do everything all over again.

I was lost in my thoughts, shrugging my arms to the beat of the music when I realised that I wasn't alone in the house. If it had been Luca looking back at me, I would have probably made some comment about how sexy he was and continued cleaning.

But it wasn't him,

It wasn't even a guy!

It was a girl and, man, was she gorgeous!

¡Que jodienda, mi papisongo tiene novia!

She had long blonde hair with brown highlights, cut into layers, making her seem even prettier. Her make-up was a bit smeared under her eyes and her lipstick seemed a bit smudged – and I realised that she had a really lucky night – and I was freaking jealous!