Chapter 1

My phone started buzzing, and I quickly snatched it up, answering. "Detective (L/N)."

"(Y/N). It's me, Fallen." My partner answered. "We need you to come down to 369 Lovers Lane. There's been a incident."

"I'm on my way." I replied handing up, throwing my coat on, and jogging to my car, and drove down to the address.

I quickly pulled up on the side of the road and parked. I hopped out of my vehicle, and ran up to Fallen who was waiting in the drive way. "So what's the details?" I asked.

"Victim-"

"You're sure it wasn't a suicide?"

"Positive. It's impossible to kill yourself the way she did. Anyway she was tied from the ceiling with a rope dangling from her wrists. We better bring her in to the morgue when we finish examining."

"Okay, well lets go see what needs to be seen." I nodded my head towards the house, as we walked in she relaid a few things she knew.

"Victim was identified as, Aphmau Phoenix. Twenty five years old, went to-"

"Phoenix Drop High."

"How'd you know that?" Fallen asked.

"I went to high school with a girl named, Aphmau Phoenix. Sweet girl. Raven black hair, probably short, hazel eyes, big and beautiful." I finished.

"Well this might be hard for you. Her boyfriend claims to have gone on a road trip with his friends, and when he came back she was like this." Fallen muttered, pulling the door open. I immediately saw a limp body of a girl I once knew. Aphmau. I frowned and walked over. A police walked over to me. I quickly whipped out my badge, knowing he'd ask.

I continued walking towards her body, then circled it. "Well by the looks of it she was tied up so her lungs would fail, and she'd use her hands to hold herself up, but only when she needed to breath, until she ran out of strength to do so." I mumbled.

"Detective?" The police asked.

"Yes, is there a problem?"

"The boy says he doesn't know anything. We want you to take him back to be interrogated."

"Sure, where is he?"

"Upstairs in his room." He nodded. "First door to the right."

"Will do." I said before walking upstairs. I knocked, and there was an angry growl. "Excuse me, Sir."

"What!?"

"I need to come in to talk to you!"

"I don't know anything!" He snapped.

"Fine," I muttered. I walked in, and quietly closed the door. I turned around to see a man looking out the window, fist clenched, his back straight. I sighed. "Are you Mrs. Phoenix's boyfriend?"

"Why would it matter? She's dead."

"Well if you care at all we're going to try, and find the killer." I replied in a calm tone. He seemed to relax a bit. "I was wondering if you could tell me what happened?"

"I already told them. I was out with Garroth, Laurance, Zane, Dante and Travis and when I came back she was like this!"

"Garroth and Zane Ro'Meave, Travis Valkrum, Laurance Zvhal and Dante Lasan?" I asked, remembering all the names.

"How'd you-" he turned around and I felt my heart drop.

"A-Aaron?" I whispered. His eyes widened, and he walked a little closer.