twenty nine (full chapter)

After weeks of not going to school, I came back.

News was bursting all around the campus.

Everywhere I walked, I heard students whispering about you. Not just you, but Mark too.

"What's with all the gossiping?" I asked a random girl near me.

"Oh, Jeon Jungkook! You're back," she said. "While you were gone, Mark turned against Areum."

I took in a sharp breath. Without another word, I dashed around the school to find her.

I checked everyone, except the one place that scared me. I widened my eyes in realization and ran to the rooftop screaming your name, not caring about all the stares.

"Areum!" I shouted when I pulled open the door to the rooftop.

I didn't hesitate to run to you when I saw you standing on the edge of the building. I wrapped my arms around your waist and buried my face into your back.

"Areum," i sobbed.

I heard a small gasp escape your lips and I looked up at you. You turned your head and looked down at me.

"J-jungkook...what are you doing here?"

"You idiot!" I screamed and pulled her down the ledge.

"Jungkook, what are you doing?" She started to tear up and placed her hands on mine.

"What were you thinking?" I yelled.

"M-mianhae..."

I let myself calm down and then realized how scared and frightened she looked. She sat on the floor in the corner. She had tears streaming down her face and her hair was messy.

"I-I'm sorry for yelling earlier...don't be scared."

I approached her slowly and sat down near her. I opened my arms and she hesitatingly came into my embrace.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Mark...he said he was using me. He said he wanted to hurt you. He said he was never my real friend, he just wanted to get rid of you," she said weakly.

"Why me?" I ask.

"I don't know..."

"It's okay Areum, you have me now..." I cooed when she cried harder.

"I'm sorry for ignoring you," she said. "My appa told me yesterday that you were my friend after I found a photo album of us...I'm such a bad person..."

"It's okay, Areum. I'm here now..."

We sat there in silence while she was in my arms.

"Are you okay now?" I ask.

"Sort of."

"Don't worry, you have me. If I can't be your lover, then we can be friends," I said, the last sentence piercing holes into my heart. "I-I still love you, though."

She smiled and said,

"Jungkook, i love you too.

Let's give us a try."

OKAY THAT WAS THE LAMEST ENDING EVER IM SO SORRY!

I've been getting writers block, but I really wanted to finish this book. I'm sorry if I disappointed you guys.

Nonetheless, thank you for reading :)