1. "God doesn't exist"

"Are you going to be the one looking after me now?" Yamaguchi asked as he pressed his face against the glass, staring at Kei who was at the beginning of the corridor.

Kei felt shivers run down his spine, his legs froze for a second, but he still stepped forward. He was in no place to be scared now, he's a professional.

With each step he got closer and closer, he could see Yamaguchi's face better and better. There it was again. That sinister smile on his face.

Once he reached the door he took out a key that the nurse gave him. She said that normally they don't look up their patients, but letting Yamaguchi walk around free would be too dangerous.

He watched as Yamaguchi sat down on his bed, waiting for Kei to walk in. He unlocked the door and walked in. This room was terrifying, yet interesting.

"Are you my new doctor?" Yamaguchi asked as he smiled at Kei, his eyes showed no emotion whatsoever.

"Yes I am, my name is Tsukishima Kei" Kei said as he sat down on a chair. He wasn't feeling exactly safe sitting in front of him.

"Ah, so Tsukki then! Say, what happened to my last doctor? I liked the guy!" Yamaguchi asked, he was sitting on his bed, his body rocked back and forward on it's own.

"He.. He resigned due to poor health.." Kei lied, and yet he knew that Yamaguchi knew that he was lying.

"So I managed to break him!" Yamaguchi laughed and then suddenly stopped, he looked straight into Kei's eyes. "I'm gonna break you too.."

"I doubt that, I've seen things in my life, that won't be an easy thing to do " Kei said and took out his papers.

"So, Yamaguchi Tadashi, do you remember why you are here?" Kei asked. Asking these questions was a part of his method.

"Because I'm insane of course. That's a dumb question" Yamaguchi laughed.

"But before that, I saw your medical card from 5 years ago, no record of any mental illness recorded" Kei said. Yamaguchi frowned a bit.

"Does that even matter?!" he suddenly asked. Kei now knew that his method was working.

"Okay, next question, what is your earliest memory?" he asked.

He noticed how Yamaguchi started fidgeting his fingers.

"I don't know" was what he answered.

"Can you at least tell me the name of a person that you care or cared about?" Kei asked one more question, he didn't want to push Yamaguchi too much. He was kinda scared to do that.

"Yamaguchi Kae..." he said quietly, Kei thought that maybe this was it, maybe he reached his limit, but Yamaguchi suddenly looked up and smiled once again.

"Now it's my turn! I'm gonna ask questions now! So, Tsukki, how old are you?" he asked. Kei noticed it, he noticed the sudden change in Yamaguchi's emotions. When he said that name he seemed sad, when asked about his memories he seemed stressed, and now he was back to his usual creepy, sinister self.

"I'm 26" Kei answered simply, he was busy writing down his analysis on the paper.

"So young! All other doctors were over 40 years old! Are you sure you are qualified for this position?" Yamaguchi asked as he quietly got off the bed and sneaked up to Kei.

Kei knew Yamaguchi was next to him.

"I studied psychology and other things right after school, they called me a genius, because of how fast I learned. That's why I graduated early" Kei answered. He felt Yamaguchi's fingers on his neck.

"Ohh, I see" he said and suddenly went back to his bed.

Kei felt some kind of stone roll off of his chest when Yamaguchi walked away. This wasn't like him to be afraid of a patient, but Yamaguchi was something else.

"I see you draw" Kei pointed out as he finished writing. The drawings were terrifying though.

"I draw what I see and what I dream" Yamaguchi said, his face showed no emotion.

"Have you ever tried drawing what you feel?" Kei asked. Yamaguchi thought for a second before shaking his head.

"Why don't you try that now? Consider it as a part of your treatment" Kei suggested. He nodded his head and took a piece of paper and a black pen.

He started drawing something, but Kei was more interested in the drawings on the walls.

There were a lot of figures. Black figures, their bodies seemed deformed. Was this what he dreamed about?

His room was scary. No scary house matched it.

"Ah, I did it!" Yamaguchi suddenly exclaimed and handed Kei the sheet of paper.

His emotion was clear.

It was a face, it was smiling, but the eyes weren't.

.

.

.

.

Ahoy, first chapter.
Don't expect fast updates XD
Also don't expect a lot of romance in this fic, this isn't a fanfic like that. It's more about how love can heal. Maybe.
-hatari.