Ch 15: Culmination

Rahul screamed in horror and struggled to escape from her, but she was gripping his shoulders with monstrous strength. He couldn't move no matter how hard he tried. 

    She stared at him with a cold glare, increasing her grip strength. Pain seared up his arms and he yelled, struggling even harder, but failing. 

    Ms Eve wrenched her right arm free and grabbed Rahul's neck, choking him. With his now free arm, he flailed around, grabbing at her face and hair, attempting to get free. 

    Ms Eve did not seem to mind at all, even when a clump of her hair was forcibly ripped from her head. In response, she tightened her grip on Rahul's neck, and his eyes rolled back, and his skin began to show a bluish colour, as he struggled to breathe. 

    Anoop and Chris watched helplessly from outside the classroom, unable to do anything because of their immaterial forms. 

     Ajay wasn't there because he had gone after Aravind, who had gone out, while Rahul was sleeping. 

    Rahul went into convulsions, and began to foam at the mouth. 

    Suddenly, he stopped moving and lay deathly still. Ms Eve shrieked in delight and pulled out some more of her instruments from her pockets. Now, she brandished forceps in her left arm and a skin hook in her right, with which she began to stab at Rahul in a psychotic frenzy, blood spurting out of all the places she stabbed.  

    She tossed the instruments down and pulled out the same 3- needled instrument with which she had... 'de-eyeballed' Anish, their friend. 

    With another shriek, she shoved the metal thing right into Rahul's eyes, and yanked it out, pulling out his eyeball with a long stand of his optical nerves along with a large spurt of blood. 

_____ _ _____

    Ajay ran after Aravind, who was heading towards the stairway. The two of them rushed down the stairs, 3 steps at a time, with Aravind having no idea that a person was running beside him. 

    Aravind turned left and now ran in the direction of the infirmary. When they finally reached it, Aravind gasped in shock. the body of Bharath was nowhere to be found!

    He looked inside the infirmary, and to his shock, the body of the Man wasn't anywhere to be found either!

    The stains and streaks of blood were still there though. 

    Sensing something right behind him, Ajay quickly turned around, to stare at the glowering form of the Man, walking even with a bleeding gash in his forehead, and several other blood wounds too. The Man held a wooden stick in his hand, which looked like the leg of a chair or a table. 

    He moved towards Aravind, who had no idea that he was in trouble. 

    Suddenly, like he got a jolt of electricity, Aravind jumped up and looked over his shoulder, and screamed. The surprised Man staggered back. 

    "Please don't kill me!!" Aravind begged, falling o the floor and scrabbling back. 

    The Man made a visible effort to speak, like each of movements gave him agony. "I....don't want to...kill you..I'm looking for...Ms Eve.." He choked, clutching his throat. 

    "Where is Bharath?! Please tell me!" Aravind pleaded. 

    "I... don't know... When I got up.. He was already gone..." The Man replied. 

    "Oh... Damn it all! I came here because I heard a loud sound coming from here, like a loud cracking. I hoped that was caused by Bharath..." Aravind exclaimed. 

    "Uhhh..." The Man raised his chair-leg-stick. 

    "Oh damn. That was you..." Aravind facepalmed himself. "I also left Rahul to sleep alone! He might be in danger! Can you help us?!" He asked the Man. 

    "I don't want... to help...brats like you... All I want is to... kill her.." The Man rasped. 

    "That works for us too. Come on." He said, and sprinted towards the stairway, but the Man slowly shuffled his feet, moving really slow, wincing each time he moved, and fresh blood trickled trough his wounds. 

    Ajay silently watched all this, astounded to realize  that the Man was actually a good guy all along.. Why had his ghost tried to kill them in the future then?

_____ _ _____

    The crazy Nurse ghost rattled the bars, grinning creepily. "Yes..... I killed four of your....beloved friends!" She screeched.

    "NOO! That can't be true! You're ly...ing" Prabhu broke down into more tears. 

    "Of course....not!" She cackled. "Would you...like to know how they died?! The....first one...got his legs chopped off...another got his head....smashed in.. another one was drained out...of body fluids....and last one got...his heart ripped out!!" She screeched in psychotic delight.

    Prabhu closed his ears and howled in frustration. 

    A sudden explosion pulled Prabhu out of his trance. 

    The classroom walls crumbled, and the Nurse-Ghost stood there, brandishing a cleaver in her left hand. 

    Now that she had finally come out, the Man-Ghost rushed towards her and they met with a fierce clash. She tried to chop his neck off, but he dodged and punched her in her ribcage, which made her stagger back

    Shirley slowly crept to Prabhu and dragged him back to their hiding place behind furniture and they watched the fight. 

    Priya couldn't believe she was actually watching a deathmatch with dead people. 

<CLINK>

_____ _ _____

A/N: FINALLY. It's been so long!! I've been so busy lately that I hardly had time to update the story... I'm in Egypt, doing an exchange program! With all the new places I'm visiting, No time for my hobbies, lol. 

    Don't worry, I'll try to update the next part within a week :) See ya, my dear readers!