Chapter 40: All This Time

Start from the beginning

But then it's too late

So very late

_______________

(Starfire)

We were at the demon realm. Demons swirling above us and different shrieks and screams were around us.

"My father lives right there." She pointed at a stone castle with volcanoes as light and demons guarding each entrance.

"How do we enter?" I asked

"You need to brew a special drink from the river of forgetfulness and river of fire to make a potion that can make their memories change and burn." She said. It was easier fighting them but we have our stealth on our side and would rather stay hidden before Trigon finds out we are in his domain.

"Okay let's make that brew." And we headed off to the ingredients.

____________________

(Robin)

"in---Rob—in" there was that...a faint name calling.

Who is this person?

Why am I hearing things?

"Can---me"

Why am I hearing this?

Why can't I remember who this is?

Why can't I remember who I am

It's so empty and cold

"Stay---us"

I want to hear more

Let me hear more

Let the voice comfort me in this darkness

Let me remember

_____________________

(Starfire)

We managed to make the drink and Beastboy was able to drop them like bird poo. Most of them fell down and wandered off. It might be easy but I don't think Trigon will like it seeing that we made his soldiers forget that they died.

"Can you sense him?" His lobby was filled with skulls and bones and a big red stone throne was in the farthest room."

"Yes. I'm reaching him but...he's nearly gone." Raven said. I clenched my hands I was trying to tell him. To reach him to hold on.

"Let's find him quickly then." And we raced off just as abunch of demons went by our way and stopped us.

"Go Starfire! We'll catch up!" Cyborg made a salute and foght off the demons.

"We have to go...he's almost gone." And we made a run. A bunch of hallways, a few eye lasers and plasma balls we were able to reach a corridor with a black door. It was filled with whispers. It wasn't that warm at all but there was still something there that kept you cozy.

"The room of souls." Raven whispered.

"Father kept souls here or the room picks them up. Sends them in here to wander forever or reincarnate. It's a choice but sometimes the souls here are left with regrets and wander others find peace and go." Raven says as she pushed the doors open revealing a vortex of white transparent ghosts swirling, muttering.

"Where is he?" Raven concentrated and she pointed farthest through the vortex

"Almost gone." She said and I frantically looked. I saw him. Looking dazed and floating. His spirit was nothing but a flame but I know it was him. I know its Robin.