"I've been watching you." He said.

I scoffed, "Listen-"

He cut me off, "Vreekar hasn't been with you for days. Everyone knows you two are unfit. We've seen the bickering. He is not right to be your partner. I will be a better partner. I can please you better than any man ever could."

"No." I said sternly. "Get lost."

"Has Vreekar touched you yet?" He growled, "I know how to handle women."

I wanted to vomit, my lips curled in distaste, "I'm not interested."

He gripped my chin roughly, making me gasp in surprise. Grivak stood up.

"You god damn nearly broke my neck!" I screamed.

Simultaneously Grivak said, "Get off. She is not yours," In a more collected, warning voice.

I nearly felt all the eyes in the dining hall land on us. Murmurs began, to form, and I noticed a small ring of males inching closer, their eyes hungry. All looking at me.

"She is not yours, either." He eyed Grivak evenly. "Her 'match' does not want her. He is not here. He hasn't been here for her for almost a week. She's unclaimed."

I distanced myself by pushing the man off of me, but he immediately grabbed my wrist, gritting his teeth and staring at me, "You will be mine."

"I most certainly will not." I protested, narrowing my eyes, "I am not a thing to be owned. Your kind talks all about respecting women. You respect your women, what's this?" I lifted my hand in his face, eyeing his grip around my wrist.

"Let go of her." Grivak said, "I do not want to start anything."

"I am leaving here with a woman." The man said stubbornly.

"Oh my god, can you take a hint?" I tried to sound whiny and angry, but desperation began to sink into me. What was he going to do? He wanted to "claim" me, whatever the hell that meant.

I glanced at Julie who seemed frozen in her spot, standing slightly behind Grivak, never wavering in her narrowed stare. 

He gripped his hold around my wrist, then nodded his head in Julie's direction, his stare condescending and directed at Grivak, "Troria riamorik, koai uzriik'tro umaariok. Ietrovri e troukloi hovri, azri trovutro aki." There was a hint of a challenge in his tone and the way his eyes gleamed with bloodthirsty delight.

Grivak immediately landed his eyes on me, he kept his face even, but something wavered behind his eyes. Something uncertain.

"What did he say?" I spoke up.

"Stop this." Grivak said. "She is spoken for." He stared intently at the man.

"Make your choice, comrade." He smiled devilishly.

I narrowed my eyes, looking at Grivak, "What did he say, Grivak?"

He looked me in the eye as if he was sorry, "You, or Julie."

The Frivrok man spoke up again, looking around and making his voice audible, "I will call upon a  morukiimi."

The entire room seemed to hold their breath.

A Frivrok man stepped up from behind the one holding me down, "Promorek."

Another stepped up as well, "Promorek."

Soon, murmurs of the word "Promorek" and intent stares were all glued to me.

Grivak gulped, narrowing his eyes, obviously angered, "Trovēsoh ēsoh zriēkēdimiaisoh." He made his voice louder, glancing around, "Koai uzri uma kimer framisoh. Shroapro trovēsoh utro akdi!"