Prolog

An old woman with her frail hands and brittle hair sat down in the creaking rocking chair. She fixed her glasses and her watery blue eyes trailed along the worn pages of the book. 

"Once, when monsters and beasts roamed the land, there were two places you could be. Above and Below. The Above were beautiful, graceful. A gentle group of people blissfuly unaware of the hardships the Below lived with."

A chubby arm was raised "What was so bad about living in the Below?" Warm brown eyes the color of tea were sparking and short black hair was fluffed up. The old woman smiled, sun light filtering through making the dust dance through the air. The smell of books, old and new filled their senses. A crinkled smile cracked across her face, lines creasing, eyes squinting slightly. Her spidery hair was transparent and sparse. 

"We will get to that soon, so do not worry." Was the gentle set of words that she said. She cleared her throat once more and continued. 

"The Below lived in a world that still had its light, still had its warmth yet it paled compared to the beauty of the Above. It had its beasts and monsters, man eating beasts that hid in the shadows. " She continued on her old voice going on, telling the tales. But they didn't know they were about here.