Self Conclusion

I closed my eyes as I felt my heart thud against the cavity it lies in. 'Deep breathe. In. out. In. Out. Open your eyes,' I thought to myself. Looking down, I see the deep blue water. It stares back, the waves moving towards me is beaconing for me to fall into its open arms. And its convincing. I want, I NEED to. Tue way the waves crash against the rocks invites me in further. One step, one breath, one leap. That's all it'd take. Eyes closed, the final step, gravity embracing me with the ocean blue. That feeling of freedom, of comforting home... The wind blows as I hear a car slow down behind me somewhere. 'Now!' My body screams. 'What if' runs through my mind and instantly life intrigues me. I'm still standing on the cliff and retracting from the edge. I'm alive. I'm okay. I'll be okay.
I'm taking deep breaths to calm myself as I sit on a bench not far away when I notice a scene unfold. Tue soft melody of a ballad greets my ears. A beautiful girl enters my sight. The California summer wind breezes through her long chocolate hair. Against the pinks and yellows of the setting sun; her, standing at the top of that cliff seems like a fairytale scene. The familiar sight of outstretched arms too close to the edge catches my attention and suddenly I have no control as my body involuntarily walks to the female and yanks her away. I don't know what possesses me to stand between this beautiful woman and the ledge.
"Excuse me, sir. But I had plans to die tonight. And you ate directly in my way. And I bet you're gonna say its not right," she breaks the silence with tears and murky words. I shake my head. Did she not see me in the same place just 10 minutes ago?
"Excuse me, miss," I start. "But do you have the slightest clue of exactly what you just said to me? And exactly who you're talking to?"
She signed, obviously frustrated with me. "I don't care, you don't even know me!"
I said, "I know but I'd like to change that soon, hopefully." What am I saying?! Anything to get this beautiful creature to live. She deserves the world. "We all flirt with the tiniest notion of self conclusion in one simplified motion. See, the trick us that you're never supposed to act on it, no matter how unbearable this misery gets."
    The breeze made her hair sway around her now pouty face. Her eyes darted between me and the ocean. "You make it sound so easy to be alive. Tell me how am I supposed to seize this day if everything inside of me has died." She walked next to me, peering over the icey blue water that was crashing against the rocks.
     My reply, "trust me girl. I know your legs are pleading to leap. But I offer you this easy choice: instead of dying living with me."
     She said, "are you crazy, you don't even know me!"
    I said, "I know but I'd like to change that soon, hopefully. We all flirt with the tiniest notion of self conclusion in one simplified motion. See, the trick us that you're never supposed to act on it, no matter how unbearable this misery gets!
   I would be lying if I said that thing would never get rough. And all this cliche motivation it could never be enough. I could stand here all night trying to convince you, but what good would that do? My offer stands and you must choose."
     She stood still for a few moments as the sun fell below the horizon. Her beautiful head is tilted down and I can't figure out if she's contemplating my offer or if she's counting the seconds down until she jumps. Finally though, after what seemed like an eternity, she turned toward me and a few steps away from the ledge and spoke softly. "Alright, you won but I only give you one night. To prove yourself to be better than my attempt at flight. And I swear to god if you hurt me, I will leap. I will toss myself from these very cliffs and you'll never see it coming!" She practically screamed the last bit at me as a few tears leaked from her eyes.
   I said, "oh precious, I know what you're going through! Ten minutes before you got here, I was gonna jump too."

  We all flirt with the tiniest notion of self conclusion in one simplified motion. See, the trick us that you're never supposed to act on it, no matter how unbearable this misery gets...

***********************************
Based off the song "Self Conclusion"  by The Spill Canvas. Comment a song you'd like me to write a short story based off!

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Dec 08, 2016 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Band Storiesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें