Betrayal

DISCLAIMER:  All the characters, situations and events in this story are purely fictional.  Any resemblance to real individual, whether living or dead, is merely coincidental.

May disclaimer talaga kasi mahirap na at baka may umalma sa future updates.  :)

Short update lang po.  1 or 2 updates to go.

-- Calleigh

SOMETIMES a man has to choose and do something he doesn't wanna do.
Do I live my life with you as my wife?
Or do I go on and pursue my lifetime dream?
I gotta do this for me.
Cause if I don't I'll probably regret it.
But if I do I'll probably regret it.
How do I cope?

"Bro, I think you've had enough.  Come on, I'll drive you home."

Jeron looked up and squinted his eyes.  He's actually seeing double and can't recognize him.  He shook his head and laughed.  He must really be drunk.

"I don't wanna go home yet.  I'm here to celebrate.  And the band's playing my song.  Come on, dude, take a seat and celebrate with me," he tried to reach him but ended up falling on the bar chair.

He burst out laughing.  The guy helped him get up.

"Thanks, man.  Do you have a twin or I'm just seeing double?  And who are anyway?" he smirked and drank the whiskey straight from the bottle.

"I don't have a twin and you should know that, Jeron... unless you're too drunk to remember," the guy said.

He looked at him again and tried to focus.

"Perry, my man!  Kumusta?  Long time, no see, pare ah?" he finally recognized him.  He looked so surprised at first and then cracked a big smile.  "How's the brother-in-law I never had?" he chuckled.  He's always been close to Mika's older brother.  He's just one of the few people who understood why he did what he did to Mika.  Of course, at first, Perry got mad because he hurt his sister but they've already talked it out since then.

"I'm good.  But unfortunately, you're not."

"Hey, I am good," he protested.  "No, better than good actually.  And do you want to know why?" he asked smiling, the kind of smile that never reached his eyes.  "Because your sister told me she still loves me.  Isn't that great?"

Perry eyed him like he said the most absurd thing.

"Totoo, p're.  Mahal niya pa rin daw ako.  Kaso hindi kami," his smile faded.  "At hindi na magiging kami kasi magpapakasal na siya sa iba..." his voice drifted.  The pain is slowly coming back.  All the alcohol he took seems not enough to numb the pain.  It still hurts like hell.

Tears started to fall from his eyes.  He's been crying like a girl since last night but tears won't stop welling in his eyes whenever he thinks of what will happen next week.  He feels like he's been sentenced to death and only got one week to live.

Whoever said that boys don't cry must not have experienced heartbreak as painful as his.

How do you cope when
The one you love is with somebody else
And there's nothing you could do about it?
How do you deal with
The fact that you had a chance
But you chose to turn away for your career?
I gotta take it though it's heartbreakin'.
It's something that I had to do.
But nobody said that it would hurt so bad.
So how do I live?
How do I deal without you?