Reunion

"BABE!"

Jeron stiffened when he heard that familiar voice. He automatically looked at where that sexy husky voice is coming from. His heart was beating incredibly fast in anticipation.

When he turned around, he was greeted by Mika's smiling face.

"What took you so long?" she slightly pouted.

God! She's still the most gorgeous girl I had ever seen!

He was so happy to see her smiling, a stark contrast to how she was the last time he saw her.

Absent-mindedly, his feet made it's way to her. His chest was pounding. He doesn't know exactly what to say but what's important is she's here. The words would probably come later on.

He walked towards her, not leaving his eyes on her. He noticed that she gained a few pounds, giving her curves in all the right places. Her black, above-the-knee tube dress even emphasized those curves. Her long, wavy hair also complemented her style.

She's just perfect.

He was already a few feet away from her when somebody bumped him from behind.

"Ooops! Sorry, bro," the guy hurriedly said without even looking and moved past him.

He just shrugged it off. There's no use being mad over petty things. He looked at Mika again with a smile still on his face.

His smile vanished when he saw the guy who bumped him hugged Mika and gave her a peck on her lips.

"I'm so sorry I'm late, babe. I was in a meeting and I just escaped. I drove as fast as I could just to get here on time. Please don't be mad na," the guy pleaded and planted a soft kiss on Mika's forehead.

Mika rolled her eyes and pinched his nose.

"Oo na, you're forgiven," she smiled sweetly at him. The guy hooked his arms on Mika's waist and spun her around, enough for Jeron to catch a glimpse of his face.

His jaw tightened when he recognized the guy.

Kristian.

His heart sank low. He should have known that Kristian would jump at the first opportunity to be with Mika. Even when him and Mika were still together, Kristian had always been at her side, waiting patiently for a chance.

They both courted Mika at the same time. It was an intense rivalry back then. Her whole family supported Kristian since they've known him longer. They used to be playmates when they were kids. But the whole school and the UAAP community were behind him. Kristian may be a track-and-field superstar and a respected athlete in their school but he was the King Archer and she was the Queen Spiker so it's obvious that people would want them to be together.

He won his match against Kristian when Mika chose him. He got her heart and they were happy. He proposed to her and was really keen on marrying her when they graduate. But things happened... his NBA dream happened. And the rest is history.

"I'm not mad, babe," he heard Mika say softly. "Medyo nag-alala lang 'coz I can't contact you..." Her voice drifted when she noticed him standing close to her.

Her eyes widened and a soft gasp escaped her lips.

"Jeron? Is that you??!" She seemed really surprised to see him.

"Bro! Kumusta?" Kristian grabbed him and patted his back like they were old friends.

He didn't return his 'warm' gesture. Call him bitter but he can't think of anything else other than beating the hell out of him. How dare him take his girl from him?

He didn't take her, dude... you left her, his mind spoke.

"It's nice to see you again, Je," Mika said smiling and then gave him a bear hug.

Feeling her arms on his body was pure heaven. Her soft skin and delicious smell teased his senses. God knows how much he had missed her.

Unconsciously, he pulled her tighter and kissed her temple. Mika pulled back immediately. She must have felt what he did as her friendly smile vanished from her lips. She was now staring at him with furrowed brows.

Kristian cleared his throat and nonchalantly placed his right arm on Mika's shoulder, as if marking his territory.

He clenched his fists but didn't say a word.

"Sobrang sikat mo na, p're ah? Living the NBA dream eh?" Kristian tried to strike up a friendly conversation but he's not in the mood to respond. His fists are itching to strike his handsome face.

"I'm sure he's happy, babe," Mika replied to her boyfriend so he wouldn't look like a fool talking to no one. "That has always been his dream eh."

She glared at him and gave him a what's-wrong-with-you kind of look. He just shrugged.

Not the kind who gives up easily, Kristian addressed him again. "I'm really happy for you, pare. Well, at least, we both got our dreams. You have your NBA career, and I got mine right here," he said and looked at Mika lovingly.

Jeron uttered a silent curse when he saw how Mika blushed at what the cheesy guy said.

As much as he wanted to punch Kristian and beat him senseless, he tried to hold on to his last piece of patience. He won't win Mika back by beating the hell out of this cheeseball. He needs to learn to control his jealous nature.

"Good for you, dude," he said with a fake smile. "At least your years of waiting at the sidelines didn't go to waste. Give her a helmet though... baka mauntog eh. Or better yet, lock her up. You'll never know if someone is planning to steal her away from you," he grinned. An evil glint is dancing in his eyes.

Instead of being offended by his joke, Kristian just laughed, much to his dismay.

"Well, whoever that someone is, he better hurry up 'coz in two week's time, this beautiful woman here will change her last name to mine," he smugly said and took Mika's left hand. He slowly lifted it to show a diamond-studded engagement ring on her ring finger.

Jeron froze. His face turned ashen. That scene literally took his breath away. All the arrogance, sarcasm and irritating confidence he mustered a while ago evaporated into thin air. He couldn't breathe with the sudden rush of emotions. He wanted to cry out loud.

He clutched his chest when the pain becomes unbearable.

"Jeron, you okay?" Mika asked with a look of concern and a bit of panic in her voice. "Do you want to sit down muna? Baka hindi ka na sanay sa weather ng 'Pinas eh."

"I-I'm fine, ba-- I mean, Mika," he said and forced a smile. He pulled the knot in his tie and loosen it a bit so he could breathe.

"So pa'no, bro, we'll go to our table na muna. It was a pleasure seeing you here. If you're still here in the country on our wedding day, we'd like you to come," Kristian said smiling. He didn't miss the hidden mockery in his voice. He knows Kristian too well to not notice it. "Two weeks, bro. Two weeks," he said before leading Mika to their table. Mika nodded to him before walking to their seat.

Two weeks.

Two weeks and I'll officially lose my claim on the only woman I ever loved.

Fuck my life.

*to be continued*