School flew by and my grades didn't drop too drastically due to my new social life. Ryker actually helped me study and kept me focused when Camille stayed over. She did that a lot for the first few weeks and finally got her own space in my closet because she hated going home. I invited her to stay because I knew that indirectly I was the cause of her discomfort. Dad had been worried and had asked Crystal, she told him that the male dominated household was hard on her daughter and our friendship meant a lot. He thought I was having the same issue so she became part of our household, chores and all. Ben spend more time at our place around the full moon when he normally stayed away, it kept the twins in line. When he couldn't stay they went to the pack house with Emily and Shane and the Weres their own age. Thankfully they didn't let it affect their friendship with Dirk, Annie and Rose. The twins were extremely popular already at school. They were also quite notorious with the teachers according to the coach.   

Every night the same number would flash on my screen at nine thirty exactly. For my own amusement I had named the number in my contacts 'Çasper', in reference to the little ghost. It was that name or 'Çhucky' but I decided against that because that would be too mean. It would ring same time every night and I would look at the phone until it stopped. It only ever rang out one time, he never re-dialed and only ever rang at that time of night, no fail. I'd answered once, the first time, with a careful 'Hello'.

"Juliette?"
"Who is this?" I'd asked sounding calm while my heart picked up speed and his voice send shivers down my spine.

"I want to see you." He boldly informed me.
"Tell me who you are."

"I am the one that broke the rules for you so that you could have your brother back."
"You mean you are the one that bit an innocent boy, knowing he would heal and quite likely die when the time comes for him to change."

"Is it better to have him in a coma for years, weak, trapped in his mind, with no hope for recovery... or is it better to have him healthy and strong, trained well, alive for years, prepared for a change that could kill him but with the hope that he continues as a healthy pack wolf like so many before him?"
"Tell me who you are." I repeated instead of answering. He was right after all, we now had a living boy and hope.

"I am the strongest warrior this pack has. Only the love for my family keeps me from taking the lead of this pack by force." He replied angrily.
"Why would you even think about doing that?" I asked softly. His father was a good father according to Adrien and Camille, he was a loving husband and a well liked and respected leader.

"The moment I take over the pack nothing will stop me from laying claim to what is rightfully mine."
"And what will that mean?"

"That means I will claim you."
"You don't even know me."

"You are mine... and I do know you. I've seen you and I've been hearing about the human at school for years."
"There are a lot of humans at school."

"There is only one that is friends with our kind."
I hummed in reply and silence stretched before I told him. "You don't know me. I don't know you and you don't even like having me as a mate."

"Who told you?" He asked suddenly angry again.
"Does it change how you feel about humans? How weak we are? How inferior we are to your kind? I don't think it does." I replied trying to remain calm.

"I can change you when I take over."
"Have you considered that I might not want that?" I snapped.

"You will. You will want to because we are mates."
"Because we are mates...that's it? That doesn't mean jack shjit. I still don't even know you..." I replied getting more angry at his attitude.

"Then come and meet me. Find out who I am." He snapped, still clearly angry with me too.
"No."

"Why?" He growled.
"Because I know you don't want who I am. You made that decision without knowing me, based on my humanity.... And I know nothing about you.... I don't know you, what you like or don't like, what you think, anything!... So if we don't ever meet, we will never hurt each other and we'll be able to be who we were meant to be, without being dragged down or broken by a stranger." I hung up then and when he didn't ring back I thought that was it.

I named him in my phone two weeks later. You see every night, when I don't answer, a text comes in straight after. It started with only one word texts, lately it's a whole sentence maybe even two or three. The first one was a just a date. It was a date of birth. The second one said 'Two younger sibling, Adrien and Camille.' By the third I realized what he was doing when the text read Lasagna. Five months, four days today and it's almost nine thirty.... I still don't trust him.

I don't think about him much but he isn't letting me forget that he's there, that I have a mate. He's texting me about himself and I know he's just waiting, like he told me, to be free of the command given by his father and Alpha.

                                                                             The end

If you are still reading please don't forget to vote, after all... it was good enough to take you to the end.   XG