7:45 p.m - same day

The nurse barged into the room and switched on the light as Diana went on screaming.

"What's wrong?!" The nurse asked, looking breathless and worried.

Diana stopped screaming, but she still looked scared and her eyes showed a lot of emotions - fear, confusion, pain.

"Ms. Diana. What's wrong?" The nurse asked her again.

Diana drew in a deep breath and pointed to her right. "I... I saw.."

"What? What did you see?"

"I.. I just saw my dead best friend there, just standing there... She was looking at me with a pained expression... It was so scary..."

"Shh.. Its alright... It was probably only a bad dream... Must be the medicines... Come on, I'll tuck you in. You need some rest." The nurse said, gently but forcefully pulling the blanket over Diana.

Diana obliged; looking over to her right every now and then. But the apparition never appeared again. "I'm going crazy." She thought to herself.

"No sweety, you're not. It's just the drugs." The nurse said kindly.

Diana turned red with embarrassment. She hadn't meant to say that aloud. The nurse chuckled and then walked out of the room, switching the light off as she left.

Diana looked over her shoulder one more time.

And there she stood, just like before, with a pained expression, as if calling out to her for help.

Diana stifled a scream, but the drugs were finally kicking in, and she slept, even though she tried to stay awake.

                                     * * *

It was ten, and the guests had finally left. Prithvi went up to her room and picked up her phone to check for any calls or texts. There was one from Ankit and one from Rudy.

She opened the one from Ankit first. It was the usual kind; just checking if she was okay. She quickly typed out a reply and then checked Rudy's message.

It was a detailed account of what had happened earlier that day; something about finding a note on his windshield. He had also written at the end that he would drop by in twenty minutes.

Prithvi checked what time Rudy had sent that message. It said nine forty three. Which meant he would be here any-

"Prithvi, Rudy's here!" Her mother called from downstairs.

"Can you send him up here please?" Prithvi called out. Few seconds later, she heard the pounding of feet on the stairs, and soon, Rudy's head popped up.

They both went inside Prithvi's room. They didn't say anything for a while.

"So... What happened? You usually don't come here when you're troubled."

"Well, Diana's in the hospital, Ankit is working late, and Atisha is... dead, and I really had to talk to someone, so I came over." He replied. Prithvi nodded her head, understanding. Looks like that note bothered him more than he let on.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" She asked him, sitting on the bed and patting the space next to her, asking him to take a seat. Rudy sat down and let out a deep breath.

"I'm scared. Like, completely freaking out." He finally confessed.

"Why? We won't let anything happen to you, you know that right?" Prithvi told him.

"I know. But what about when you guys aren't around?"

Prithvi gave him a questioning look.

"I mean, I'm driving to Mumbai day after tomorrow. What if something happens during the drive? Or... Or in Mumbai?" Rudy clarified. Prithvi formed an 'oh' with her mouth. She didn't know how to answer that question.

The truth was, the chances were pretty high that Rudy would get hurt. It was pretty obvious, considering Diana's and her own accidents, and the note that Rudy had received.

Finally, she took Rudy's hand in hers and gave it a gentle squeeze, while smiling at him.

"Let's just hope for the best."

* * *

Two days later

Rudy hugged everyone and said his goodbyes.

Everyone was there - Diana, Ankit, Prithvi, and even Mr. Rao and Hiya.
He got into his car and started it. He drove away, watching his friends getting smaller and smaller through his rear view mirror. He looked back at the road.

He was very jumpy during the whole journey, as he didn't know what to expect. More like when to expect it. He knew for sure that something would happen to him; he'd probably get into an accident, and now, he steered clear of practically every vehicle on the road, to such an extent that he over sped sometimes.

Those eleven hours were the longest eleven hours of his life. He was constantly on guard now, as his friends were no longer with him.
He had to do this on his own.

True, he would probably stay here only for six months, as that was his probation period. He may or may not get hired after that.

But those six months were going to be so hard for him, more so because he would have to be on his guard the whole while. Or at least, till something happened to him. "No." He told himself. "No negative thoughts. I'm going to be fine."

At least, he hoped so...