"Ten minutes?" Newt asked, raising his eyebrows. "How do you walk in the cold for so long?"

"I just think about how hot it gets once I'm there," she told him. "We have to walk to the store too. Don't you walk everywhere too?"

"I apparate," he told her. "It's a wizard thing. We just kind of... teleport from place to place. If we can see it in our view or we've been there before, it's pretty easy to do."

"That sounds so cool!" ______ remarked excitedly. "Are you born with it, or do you have to learn it? Is it like a spell?"

"It's not a spell, and we do have to learn it. Maybe after we get groceries I can apparate us back to your apartment. Mind you though, the first time you apparate, it makes some people feel sick."

"Well, I guess I'll find out then," ______ said with a smile, already excited. After a short time, they reached the doors of the factory. She turned to Newt. "Um, you don't have to go in if you don't want to. It'll smell like a sweatshop in there. I'm just going in to get my paycheck, so I wouldn't be long."

"I'll come in," Newt told her. He was too curious to not go in. Even if she tried to keep him out, he would get inside. Why was she doing that anyways?

______ sighed and nodded, pushing the doors and heading inside.

As soon as they stepped foot in there, Newt knew what she meant by sweatshop. It smelt heavily of body odor, like no one in there had taken a shower for days. Newt scrunched his nose up, but ______ had gotten to the point where she didn't even smell it that much anymore. Anytime it changed though, she could always detect a hint of how bad it really was. The two of then walked up to the front counter, confronting the man sitting behind it. "Excuse me," she began, getting his attention.

"What is it?" he asked. "Oh, you. I imagine you're here to get your pay?"

______ nodded, and the man looked over at the rows upon rows of files. It was strange how they sorted the paychecks, but having so many workers, there wasn't much you could do. "Remind me again of your name?" he asked.

"______ ______."

He looked again and pulled out a file. "Here it is." When he opened it and looked in, his face darkened. That was never a good sign. He finally pulled out her pay stub and another piece of paper. He, along with ______ made a strange face as it, and Newt felt like he was being left out on something. Was something not right here?

"Are those notes?" ______ asked. Usually she never got any, but she heard of others getting them. Sometimes they'd leave notes for you if they wanted to talk to you, or sometimes it was their heartless way to fire you. She was worried about both.

He nodded, handing over the paper to her. She opened it, beginning to read.

Dear Miss ______,

Your foreman would like to see you as soon as possible. Please go to him as soon as you collect your pay stub.

Newt looked over her shoulder, reading the letter. It usually wasn't like him to read other people's letters, but the face she was making at the paper had him worried. "Your foreman?" Newt asked. "What would he want from you?"

"I don't know," ______ spoke, only half telling the truth. She knew that the incident from a few days ago would come back to her, but what did the foreman want from her?

She had no idea.

Although she wasn't put on for today, she knew where he would be. He was the foreman for her floor every day. She looked over at Newt, again with her offer. "This shouldn't take long, you can stay down here if you want. I'll go see what he wants."