The Kiss

Ashley's P.O.V
"What's going on?" Ricky asks me as we are now standing alone in my room.
"I don't know." I respond trying to avoid eye contact with him.
"Yeah you do." If course I do. I just don't want you to know.
"Yeah. I do. Just, I don't want to talk about it." I am beginning to get nervous.
"All right." Ricky looked at the ground,then back up at me. "Well then, I guess I'll just say goodnight."
He continuously glanced down then back at me. "Should I say goodnight?" Ricky mumbled. I bit my lip trying to work up the nerve to do something. I shook my head lightly as he came in for a hug. I hugged him tightly not wanting to ever let go. "Tell me what's wrong." Ricky said as we embraced. My eyes teared up and I finally let on. "Does it ever go right?" I ask.
"Does the right girl ever find the right guy?" I continue my question.
"Sure." Ricky responds as we step back from the hug. I stare into his eyes.
"Sure?" I ask.
"Yeah." He paused and took a deep breath, his eyes searching mine. "Sure, it can happen." He finally said. My mind wouldn't shut up. Telling me to make a move, so I leaned in for a kiss. Ricky turned his head at the last second. I felt crushed. "No we can't." he shook his head avoiding eye contact with me again. "We can't Ashley." His eyes glossed over and filled with tears.
"We can if we want." I mumbled trying to hide the fact that I am utterly heartbroken.
"No, we can't." He repeated, only making me feel worse about taking a chance. His eyes dropped to my lips and I knew I still had an opportunity. I searched his eyes before leaning in and this time He didn't move. Our lips met and sparks flew. We melted together and we both forgot our problems, until now moments later when the kiss was over. Ricky looked at me like I had just messed with God's plan, and I stood in my room awestruck with my fingers touching my lips where Ricky's just touched. I walked around my room for what felt like hours then sat on my bed trying to remember the kiss second by second.
Ricky's P.O.V
What just happened? I just kissed Amy's little sister. She's only a year younger than us, is it really that weird. But Amy's going to freak. Could I really have a relationship with Ashley? Could she take care of John like Amy does? God, that kiss was amazing, and really surprising. I knew that Ashley and I had a connection, but she was the last person I expected to do something about it. I'm kind of happy She did. I thought to myself the entire way back to the house and it took me everything in my power not to turn around and kiss her again. God, how I wanted to.
"So, Ricky. What did you and my other, younger daughter talk about." I paused before responding because ,though he doesn't look it, George Juergens is very intimidating.
"Mr. Juergens Ashley is only a year younger than Amy." His eyes looked like they were going to bug out of his skull.
"Go to sleep." George responded while running both hands across His face. Before I made it back to Amy's room I saw George running to Ashley's room. He's probably checking to see if she still has her clothes on. God, now I want to check too. No! Stop thinking that way Ricky! I went to Amy's room, where John was asleep in his crib, and tried to sleep. All I could do was lay there and think of Ashley. At around 12:30 a.m I walked out to the old garage where her room was. I knocked on the door hoping she was still awake, all the lights were off and I could see her lying in bed. God, she's gorgeous. I smiled to myself as I knocked again watching her glance at the time then at the door. She clicked on the light on her nightstand then waved for me to come in. She scooted to sit at the end of her bed. "Hi." I smiled as I shut the door behind me. "Hey." She replied with a smile once she saw how nervous I was.

" She replied with a smile once she saw how nervous I was

God, she's gorgeous. I sat down next to her and barely look her in the eyes.
"I have to do something." She looked at me with a confused expression in her face.
"Okay? Do it then." She says without a second thought, that's what I do. I don't think. I grabbed her face with my hands and searched her eyes for her emotions, they dart to my lips and I slowly lean in. When I couldn't take the anticipation anymore I just closed the gap and pressed Our lips together. Her hands found their way into my hair and mine found their way around her waist, slowly pulling her onto my lap.
"What changed your mind?" She asked me when we took a second to breathe.
"Seeing you put yourself out there made me realize that I should too." She smiled then kissed me again. "You should probably get back inside in case John wakes up." She slid off my lap and back to where She was sitting. She looked up and me and bit her bottom lip, not knowing that it drives me crazy. "Yeah. I guess I should." We both sat there smiling at each other until Ashley spoke up.
"You do realize Amy is going to hate us both right." I smile and nod at her.

"Yep

"Yep." I probably looked delusional but I couldn't help smiling at her gorgeous face.
"Get back to your son." She laughed at me then kissed my cheek. "We'll talk tomorrow." She stood and turned to walk back to the top of her bed when I grabbed her wrist and spun her into my chest kissing her gently.
"Now this is how you say goodbye." I spoke.  She smiled then preceded to go back to sleep.
"Goodnight, Ricky." I could tell she was smiling by the sound of her voice.
"Goodnight Ash." I replied, feeling relieved that we had told each other how we felt.