58

"sis, what's up with you and joot? he hasn't been around that much." genesis said sitting next to me on the couch. i took the bowl of chips out of her hand, and stuffed my face. genesis gave me a look of discomfort. "what?" i asked with my mouth full. "you look ugly as shit is all." she replied, taking the bowl out of hand.

i shook my head laughing, wiping around my lips. "we got into a little argument, now he's being petty towards me." genesis looked at me. she had this judgmental look plastered on her face, like she wanted to say something. knowing genesis she wouldn't say it.

"say what you need to say, sis." i said, i gave her my attention waiting on her to start. she looked away from me, i rolled my eyes. "fine, you only ever speak your mind when jeremiah's around anyway." i said.

genesis looked triggered asf. she scuffed and walked out of the living room. i rolled my eyes, not really caring for how she was feeling. i continued to watch love & hip hop.

___
i placed my bowl in the sink, waking back over to the living room to shut the television off. i was ready to call it a night. shutting off all the hallway lights, i made it back to my room locking the door behind me.

i opened up my macbook, to see i had emails from different agencies and networks trying to get an interview. i deleted them all, i don't like all the extra attention that comes with dating justin. it could be too much at times.

20 minutes into netflix and chill by myself, i received a message. my eyes lit up when i saw it was from my baby.

babydaddy⚡️: what are you doing right now?

i'm watching netflix

babydaddy⚡️: i'm coming over. unlock the door.

i smile on my face grew. i jumped out of my bed and ran out my room over to the front door unlocking. it's been almost a week since i've seen justin, i miss him so much.

"why you run around here like you pay the bills?" i turned around to see jeremiah standing there with a bowl of cereal. i folded my arms, looking at him up and down. i sucked my teeth. "i do pay the bills. why are you here?" i asked rudely.

jeremiah lifted his brow, putting his bowl on the counter. "little girl, who are you catching an attitude with?" he questioned. i was about to answer, but he spoke again. "i know it ain't me." he answered for himself. i rolled my eyes.

"you need to apologize to genesis." he said. i sighed. "tell her to suck it up. it wasn't even that serious." i stressed. "girl you threw shade at your bestfriend." he argued. i sucked my teeth. "no, i told her the truth." i defended.

he fanned me off. "ion wanna hear it. just walk your no havin ass over to her room and make up so i can pipe." he said. i looked at him with disgust. "you're nasty asf. and when did you two start dating?" i asked. he fanned me off walking away.

just then the front door opened. i looked over to see my blond haired baby. i smiled walking over to him. "hey." i greeted, giving him a hug. he hugged back. "hey." he replied. i pulled back, the silence between the two of us made things awkward.

i shifted uncomfortably and he stood there with his hands in his pockets. "what a damn shame." i heard jeremiah mumble. i turned to see him and genesis watching us from behind the counter. "hey justin," genesis greeted smiling. justin waved with a friendly smile plastered on his face.

"alright boo, let's give them privacy." jeremiah said, grabbing genesis' hand. justin raised his brow, pointing at them. "when did this happen?" he asked. i shrugged my shoulders, walking into the living room. i heard justin trailing behind me.

i took a seat on the couch and he sat right next to me. i started at the blank tv in front of me, waiting for something to be said. "alright, i guess i'll start off by saying that i've been distancing myself from you." i nodded my head agreeing with him.

"and it's only because i didn't like the way things went left the last time we saw each other." he said. i sighed, shutting my eyes. "i said i overreacted, and i've apologized." i stressed. "i know, but i can't help but i can't help but feel some way." he argued.

"okay, so tell me what we can do to move past this." i said. i really hated that we were still in this position. "i can't answer that. clearly you have feelings that you're keeping to yourself, and i wanna respect them, you just gotta open up and tell me." he said.

the room fell silent. he sighed. "thai, could you at least make eye contact?" he questioned. i positioned myself to where we could make full eye contact. his facial expression read, he hasn't been happy. "i'm sorry." i apologized. he sighed, grabbing both my hands. "talk to me, please." he whispered.

"i honestly felt like we were moving too fast. i just moved in with genesis, finally starting to settle, and then you asked me to move in. i just felt like i was being moved around." i confessed. justin had a look of guilt plastered on his face. "that isn't at all how i wanted to make you feel, thai. i apologize for that." he said.

"it's okay." i said smiling. "i still do want you to move in with me, but i understand you're not ready. so how about we start off with the small things?" i smiled at him. "like what?" i asked. "we get you a toothbrush, some of your clothes in my closet, you sleeping over regularly.." he suggested, smirking. i laughed, pushing him a little.

"okay," i started. justin had the biggest smile on his face. "but only if i get my bestfriend back." i said. i laced my arms around his neck, pulling him closer. giving him multiple, soft kisses. "deal.." he mumbled against my lips, wrapping his arms around my hips.

"y'all ugly!" we heard jeremiah. we pulled away looking at the two watching us. "we're trynna watch netflix, so if y'all wanna be dirty leave." genesis said. "i wanna watch netflix." justin said. genesis and jeremiah looked at each other, like they were debating. i rolled my eyes. "aight, y'all can join." jeremiah said.

i cuddled into jays chest, while jeremiah and genesis argued over what they wanted to watch. "i missed you so much, babe." justin whispered into my ear. "i missed you too, ugly." i said back.

____
wassup amigos ! i know i was gone for way too long, and there's no excuse i've just been lazy asf. BUT, i'm here. and ready to start regular updates. also i miss how this book used to be, so i'm going back to that. if you've made it this far....
vote
comment
follow