Monica Can't Help Herself

"Owen, did you always have a cut here?"

Owen withdrew his hand from Monica's grasp and laughed silently. "No, I got it earlier today.

Monica's face turned to worry, though she could be a complete asshole, she'll always admit to being worried for a friend. "What happened? Who did it to you?"

"Does it really matter?" He looked passive and uncaring.

Jayden butt into the conversation, worried as well, or better described, angry. "What the fuck Owen? Was it that guy from your class again?"

Owen sighed, realizing they weren't going to let this go so easily, maybe it'd be easier to tell the truth. He pulled Monica to a bench outside the store and sat down.

"I took your arrow." He didn't look regretful or anything of the sort. If anything he looked smug. "Y'know, the one you brought in from JJBA?"

The arrow. A very sought after item indeed. Just a light small pierce of the skin from the arrow could grant you an ability beyond your wildest imagination. Monica being a perfect example.

"Is that where that scratch is from?" Monica wasn't mad per se, just annoyed that the arrow could slip from her hold so easily. "I was actually worried for a minute, you cunt."

Owen then got up from the bench and proceeded to pinch Monica's cheeks roughly. "You were worried? How sweet." He let go and turned back to the group, looking back only to exclaim one final word. "Dear."

"Hey! Get back here!" She ran over to him to join him in the group. "We weren't finished talking yet."

Josuke looked at Monica with a questioning expression. "So what happened?"

Monica jumped to Josuke and latched onto his arm, refusing to let go. "So, Josuke-kun. You know the arrow that Kira's father had...oh! And I used on myself earlier today?"

He looked at her with some kind of menacing aura, his trust for her fading ever so slightly. "Yes...?" Hesitantly answering, he weakly attempted to escape her grasp.

"Well Owen kind of took it from me and used it on himself." She began giggling nervously, using her 'Impression Voice' to the best of her abilities.

Josuke stopped struggling and instead slumped forward, not wanting to deal with this. "First the Kira incident and now this? I don't even know how I got here, how the hell do I get back?"

Monica obviously expected this, why wouldn't she? If she was transported to a less cool version of her own universe and some 10 year old clung onto her like the world depends on it, then she'd want to get home as soon as possible as well.

It's not like he has too much in common with anyone either way. The only character Monica would truly be able to befriend is Rohan.

She could use her ability on Josuke, sure. But she didn't want to make him any less real than he already was.

Maybe her invention could fix this...? She had no idea how to return the character back to jojo's, so what if she just brings Jojo's to Josuke?

She had like 3 guest bedrooms, and 4 beds! One of them's even a double bed. Just imagine, 5 different JoJo characters living in her very own house.

Okay it's time to deal with the problem at hand. "I've been looking into it recently." No she hadn't. "You can stay at my house tonight, okay? Tomorrow is a ped day, we'll figure it out then."

"I may not be the best judge of character, but I suppose I can trust you." He spoke carefully.

Monica slapped a big goofy onto her face. "Of course!"

Josuke looked to the group of friends in front of him and back to Monica. "So about your brother..."

Monica closed her eyes happily, unfocused but happy planning for what was to come. She made a noise of acknowledgement.

"Is he here as well? Like in this...u-universe?" He stuttered, not used to the term.

Monica realized what he was asking, what about her brother? How does Josuke know about her brother? Does he know him? No, that's impossible, she'd been keeping an eye on Josuke all day.

"M-my brother? What're you talking about?" She was confused, completely snapped out of her previous daze.

Josuke slumped down his posture, reluctant to say his name. "Rohan."

A wave of realization washed over her, she'd forgotten about that idea. Whoops.

"Oh! Yeah, yes. He does live here, in my house in fact..." Now she'd done it, coming up with stuff on the spot was never her strong point, she was only a decent actor because of her total absence of embarrassment. "But he's been locked up in his room for the past few days drawing..."

"Sounds about right." Josuke spoke passively, no longer interested in the topic.

Jayden then piped up. "Let's get to the next shop!"

Both Monica and Owen whined, as for Jayden though, she was just itching for something to do. Josuke and Alicia were fairly indifferent to what they did, that of course was before Alicia remembered something she had to do.

"Let's go to the art store down the road." Alicia suggested, not too interested in clothing.

Monica brightened, the idea putting hope in her eyes. "You." She pointed to Alicia enthusiastically. "Are a genius." She grabbed anyone she could get her hands on, dragging them towards the end of the strip mall. Unfortunately for Josuke and Owen, they were the ones being dragged.

Alicia had no choice but to follow her, being the current adult of the group. But Jayden made sure to keep ahead of the group, after all, she was the (second) fastest runner in the group.

The art store was huge, though it wasn't exactly an art store, more like a craft store that carries art supplies. But Monica was a fan nonetheless, since all things art interested her. Alicia went off to a section reserved for paints while Owen followed Monica. Jayden spotted a section filled with different scented markers, grabbing a handful of the cherry scented ones. Josuke wasn't really interested in this stuff, just gazing up at some example art up on display.

Monica made her way to an art pen section, it was filled with different types but her eyes were set on one locked behind a glass case.

"That thing's like $300, what the hell's it made of? Diamonds?" Owen commented on the bizarrely priced pen.

She abruptly turned around, squealing in excitement. "Oh! I've always wanted this pen, it's an amazing dip pen. It only works with a specific type of ink but, oh! I just know it's worth it. It's completely unbreakable and no, it's not made of diamonds." Her face fell to the floor. "It's only encrusted."

"Because that is so much better." Owen said flatly.

She continued to boast about the pen, the idea of drawing across paper with the clean pen exploding in her mind.

"What is your ability anyway?" She asked Owen curiously.