Chapter 43

Liam’s POV

                We are literally just a few days away from Haley’s due date and every day I start to panic even more. The slightest movement she makes or any sound of pain I become a lost puppy.

                “Liam would you please sit down and relax.” Haley said sitting on the couch with a bag of popcorn and crisps.

                “I’m sorry. Do you need anything? Are you feeling any pain?” I asked quickly.

                “All I need you to do is calm down and relax. Liam I’m fine.” She said pulling my arm so I could sit down.

                Later that night everyone came over for dinner. Ever since Angie moved over here we always had Sunday dinner at our house with the lads. Haley, Karoline and Andrea were cooking dinner and the lads and I were setting up the table and just hanging out. Niall and I grabbed a beer and went in the living to get the match on the TV.

                “So mate how’s Haley doing?” Niall asked.

                “She’s doing great. It’s me. I’ve been on the edge lately. Always thinking she can give birth day minute now and I’m just a wreck.” I said.

                “Well it you want mate we can stay here until the baby is here, it’ll can take off a load and you can sleep. I’m sure everybody wouldn’t mind. Since this is the first born baby directioner.” Niall offered.

                “That would be amazing. Let’s talk about it over dinner.”

                “Hey guys, dinners ready.” Haley said.

                During dinner it made me forget all the stress I’ve had for the past few weeks about the baby. Maybe everyone here till the baby is born isn’t such a bad idea.

                “Okay so I have something to ask of all you.” I said grabbing everyone’s attention.

                “What’s going on Li?” Drea asked.

                “If it isn’t any problem with you guys, could you stay here until Haley has the baby? I know it’s a lot to ask for, but it would help a lot.”

                “Of course will Liam.” Karoline assured.

                “Really?!” I said in excitement.

                “Yeah, whatever makes this easier for you guys.” Louis said.

                Once we all cleaned up everybody left to get some stuff and were coming back. When they came back we all just watched TV and ate pretty much. Haley and I went to bed earlier than the others. We left as they were about to start a movie.

                “Are you sure you don’t need anything?” I asked Haley as I walked her to her room.

                “Liam I’m fine, really. Go to bed if I need anything I’ll ask Drea or Kare.” She assured me.

                “Are you sure?”

                “Liam go to bed.” She laughed.

                “Okay. Goodnight love.” I said giving her a kiss on the cheek and walking to my room.

                Once I was ready for bed I fell asleep right away and it felt amazing. Around 3:30 in the morning I heard a lot of noise.

                “Liam! Liam WAKE UP!” Andrea said banging on my door.

                I jumped out of bed putting on boxers and opening the door. “What! What’s going on?!” I asked starting to panic.

                “GET READY! HALEY’S IN LABOR!”

                “Haley’s in labor.” Was all that played in my head. In a matter of hours I was officially going to be a father. I quickly put on some clothes and ran to Haley’s room which everyone was in. I grabbed Haley’s hospital bag and we got in two cars. Louis was driving and Andrea and I were in the back of the car with Haley. Once we reached the hospital they quickly took Haley into a room and everyone ran with them. I on the other hand and to stay behind I needed a moment to breath. While I was out I called my parents and texted Haley’s family to tell them the news because it was early there. After I was done talking to my sisters I sat down in the waiting room with my head in my hands taking everything in.

                “Liam?” Harry called. I looked up and she sat next to me. “Are you okay?” He said rubbing my back.

                “Yeah, I’m just taking everything in.” I said wiping my eyes.

                “Then why are you crying?”

                “I just can’t believe I’m going to be a Dad. Like we finally get to meet our baby and know the gender of it.” I said crying a little bit more.

                “It’s okay Li. I know how you feel. Of course I can’t tell you how it felt to see my baby girl, but I know that it’s going to be the best feeling in the world to finally meet the baby.”

                “I know. I just want to be the best father in the world for this baby, even if Haley and I aren’t together.”

                “Listen to me Liam. You are going to be the best father out there. I mean you watch over us, there’s a reason why you’re called Daddy Direction.” He laughed. “But you’re not in this alone. You have Haley and we’re all going to be there for the baby. There’s no way that baby is going to go a day without feeling loved.” Harry said.

                I sat there for a minute to collect myself and we walked over to Haley’s room.

                “How you doing love?” I asked sitting by Haley.

                “In pain.” She laughed weakly. “But I’m okay. I just want to meet our little baby.”

                “I know, so do I.”

                Haley has been in labor for about 12 hours and we’re still waiting. At about 22 hours in labor it was time for her to start pushing. While Haley was pushing, she was squeezing my hand and it felt like I was going to lose an arm that night. But “Haley, Liam I would like you meet your new baby girl.” The doctor said handing Haley the baby.

                “She’s beautiful.” Haley cried.

                “She really is.” I said wiping my tears.

                Haley handed me her and I couldn’t stop crying. “Hello baby. I’m you dad and that lady right there is your mom. I just wanted to say even though we’re not together we love you regardless and nothing in the world would change that.”

                After the nurse took the baby for a bath and what not everyone was allowed back it.

                “Where’s the baby?!” Andrea  asked, running in.

                “Guys I would like you to meet Caitlyn Rose Payne.”

                “She so cute!” Danny said jumping up and down.

                “Do guys wanna hold her?” Haley asked.

                Karoline nodded, but Andrea backed off a little.

                “Drea are you okay?” I asked getting concerned.

                “Yeah, I’m fine. I-I just need a minute.” And with that she ran out of the room.

                “I’m going to go after her. But congrats guys.” Harry said hugging me.