Part 3

1. What does a professional code of ethics prescribe for all?
Moral standards and ethical behavior

2. “Man is to be hailed as a social being.” What does this line mean?
He does not live only for himself

3. At the base of a triangle that shapes us into what we are, is one of the following. Which one?
Heredity

4. What does “presumption of innocence” mean in so far as human right is concerned?
A suspect remains innocent until proven guilty

5. No person may be elected as President of the Philippines unless he/she is a___.
natural born citizen

6. What do we call a typical social structure which describes a pattern through which relationship at work are ordered?
Bureaucratic

7. A society cannot exist without a government. Which word is a synonymous with government?
Authority

8. What does a “nuclear family consist of?
father, mother, sons and daughters

9. What does “capital” in economics refer to?
Money/ machines invested to transact business

10. Which of the four pillars of education for the 21st century is crucial in the light of conflicts between Israel and Palestine?
Learning to live together

11. Which is the most important element of a state?
People

12. According to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, what are the three fundamental human rights?
Life, dignity and self-development

13. What form of government is characterized by the separation of power?
Presidential

14. Who does the canvassing of votes for President and Vice President in every election?
Joint committee of Congress

15. All appropriations, revenue or tarill bills shall originate exclusively from the___.
House of Representative

16. What occurs when the government spends more than what it collects in the form of taxes?
Fiscal deficit

17. Which department has the authority to make laws and to alter them when needed?
Legislative

18. When can we say that a person has a values?
Lives a life with integrity, sincerity and commitment

19. Type of cooperative that promotes thrift among members and creates funds in order to be able to grant loans.
Credits

20. One of the major functions of taxes is to finance real government expenditures. This function can simply be stated as___.
to raise  revenues