VIII

The Avengers Tower

Bucky's P.O.V

I'm not sure how all of this happened. I accidentally hit Valerie and the next moment she appears to have some sort of 'magic in her'. I feel bad for what I did to her, but also angry. Angry because of Tony's reaction. It's not my fault he didn't know his own daughter had magic and all that shit. I mean yeah I'm guilty of hitting her, but it wasn't my fault she passed out later.

Here I am in my room, door locked, listening to Steve who's trying to convince me to open the damn door.

"Dammit James. Just open the door. Let me talk to you. It's not your fault, man." He said. "FRIDAY. Unlock the door." I sigh heavily. "Really? C'mon, locking the door and staying alone isn't going to solve a thing, Buck." Steve says, making me roll my eyes. "You think I don't know that?" I sneered. I had no right to be angry at him, I know that too.

"M'Sorry. I'm just really frustrated, buddy. I'm not even sure why I am." I sighed. "It's okay, I understand." He said and sat next to me on the bed. "Will she be okay?" I asked. "She will, pal. The whole thing is not your fault. This magic that Loki discovered may do us good."  Steve said. I don't give a damn about the magic or whatever the shit they just discovered. I just want to make sure she's okay, so I won't have to die of guilt. I don't have to add more to my list. "It'll be okay buddy. They'll tell us what happened in a while." Steve said, rubbing my back.

                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Asgard, The Healers' Wing.

Valerie was laying on the medical bed, floating above her body was the healing magic.

"Interesting. Really interesting." The Head Healer said. "It is magic. And a powerful sort of magic. We will wake her up, but she shall not know about the magic now. We will inform you with later information when she's ready. For now I cannot say a word." She continued. "What do you mean you cannot speak a word? Tell us what the magic is." Loki demanded. "My prince, I have given you what I know, for now, I will not speak of this further until she wakes up, at least." "And

when will she wake up? And is that thing going to hurt her?" Tony asked nervously.  "She shall wake up in a few minutes. And no, the magic will not harm her for it is managed at the moment, it might come again, but with different effects. Until the time is here we shall not interfere." Another healer said. "Time for what exactly?" Tony asked. "For her to reach the age of 21." The Head Healer said. "Why's that?" Loki asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"Because by then her powers will be ready to engage with her mind. If her mind doesn't control her powers, the powers will take over her mind and change her. And we are never sure how dangerous that change can be." The

Head Healer said. Loki turned around to Tony "When is her 21st birthday?" Loki asked. "19th of February." Tony replied, still nervous. Loki nodded his and hummed.

"I will have to ask you to leave now, so we can wake her up. You can wait outside." Another healer said.

They all left the room each of them with his own thoughts.

"How could you not know her mother had powers?" Pietro asked, which earned him glare from Wanda, as if to say 'Really? Now? Can't you see how nervous and scared he is!?'

"I-I don't know. She never t-told me, or ever showed any sign of having magic." Tony said hesitantly.

The door of the healing room opened. "She will wake up soon, but shall not wake up here if we want to keep her oblivious of her powers for now." The Head Healer said. "I'll go get her." Pietro said.

                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Avengers Tower.

Tony and the others walked into the tower, Pietro took Valerie, who's still unconscious, to her room, Tony and Wanda behind him. Thor and Natasha went to the bar set up in the corner to get a drink. Loki stayed behind in Asgard and refused to give his reason.

Steve walked out of the hallway and marched over to where Natasha was sitting next to Clint talking to him about what happened.

"Nat." Steve said. "How did it go? Is she okay?"
"Hi there. It went well, I guess. There was a lot of confusing shit but it went well. Val is okay as well. She'll wake up soon." Nat said. "What did those guys say?" "They said she has magic but she is not supposed to acknowledge that until she's 21." "21? Why?" "I'm not sure, but probably because she'll be mature enough for her to fully control her body...I guess. Look it's 2:20 AM lemme rest." Nat said, throwing her head back and closing her eyes. "I'm sorry, I just got really worried. It's just weird how all of this happened." Steve said with a sigh. "I know. Anyway, I'll go sleep now. Good night." Nat said walking away from the couch where Steve and Clint were sitting. "Don't you have anything to say?" Steve asking sarcastically. "I do. I have a lot actually. I just don't get any of this and I need to sleep as well. How's Barnes by the way?" Clint asked, raising an eyebrow. "He's locking himself. He took this all on himself." "I don't think Tony will agree with me, but this isn't James' fault." Clint said standing from the couch. "Anyway, gotta go sleep. See you in the morning."

Valerie lied on the bed, Tony sitting by her side. "Mr.Stark, I know you're worried, but we have to leave before she wakes up. She'll be okay. We have nothing to worry about, for now." Pietro said. "C'mon, Stark. Let's leave" Wanda said and pulled Tony behind her, leaving the room. 

                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Asgard.

"My Prince, can I help you?" The Head Healer said. "What can her magic do?" Loki said sternly, walking slowly towards the healer. "I beg your pardon? You are not allowed to know such information. Only a guardian is."
"I will not repeat myself. Talk."
"B-"
"TALK!"
"Element controlling." The Healer said. "She can control the four elements of the World. Water. Fire. Ground. Air. And do not think of that as a simple power to own, powers as such were non existent. What troubles us is how she owns them." Loki chuckled lowly. "I knew something was up with her." He said to himself. "If you speak to a person about this, I will make sure myself you won't see another day." At that, the healer was scared. The look Loki gave her was enough to kill.

                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Avengers Tower.

Bucky lied on his bed, trying to sleep, but failing miserably. He couldn't stop thinking about Valerie. Problem is he wasn't thinking about the accident that happened hours ago, but about her. He thought about how she treated him the couple of times they interacted. She made him feel special.

She made him feel human again.

A/N uh hi. Where the fuck am i going with this? Anyway tell me what y'all think!